X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've been busted!

Haha, just kidding . Although close enough:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/com...5-2862,00.html

Read. Now I've gone and deleted any facebook group relating to consumers... except for the groups relating to work.

Check out some of the comments. Some of those people make me want to
    Last edited by fireheart; 01-21-2009, 08:49 AM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Assuming the people mentioned are using their real names and not clever pseudonyms, that's pretty stupid.

Many companies will snoop through these social networking sites and take disciplinary action against people saying things there like that.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It really depends on the place and what is said. Some of them are general ranting against customers-no companies involved. Some bring the companies into it and it's a bitchfest. It does get out of hand though, pretty quickly and the spelling is like the verbal vomit Irv delivered.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Assuming the people mentioned are using their real names and not clever pseudonyms, that's pretty stupid.

Many companies will snoop through these social networking sites and take disciplinary action against people saying things there like that.
        It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who is who, even if they're using a pseudonym. People in my corporate figured out who I was within a month after I started posting on a site (not this one). Luckily, the people who figured it out are pretty cool.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Like I said in another thread, I know there is some corporate lackey from my employer on this site. Too bad, given some of the gems I have that will surely ID where I work specificlly in the company.

Comment

Where is this article from.I don't feel sorry for the customers or store. We(here in America)we have freedom of speech and as long as we don't use specific customer's name then what the hell does it matter.I see it as no different then telling a spouse or friend about these stupid customers. Me and my friend do it all the time. I probadly know more about the stupid parents that come into my friends office to register their kids at her school then I should.

Comment

this is why i removed customers suck from my facebook

i dont even really feel comfortable having people from this site on my friends list (no offence guys)
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth James Overall
                "If you steal in my store I'm going to catch you, regardless of the hands-off rule," Mr Overall wrote.
                Now here's another stupid. Advertising to the whole world that you're going to do just what you were trained NOT to do and go after perceived shoplifters.

Yeah, and then he can end up hurt or killed or sued if the shoplifter gets hurt or killed.

Retail chains have hands-off rules like that for a reason. I pray Mr. Overall doesn't find out the hard way what those reasons are.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IGA spokesperson Tim Allerton said the grocer discouraged any discussions online about customers and believed the employees should seek help.
                  that's rather condescending

"However, Coles employees who post disparaging remarks about other colleagues or customers on these sites are breaching our workplace code of conduct," he said.
                  wtf
                  nice to see Coles determines your freedom of speech outside of work now

then again facebook requires you use your real name, which... gives me the <shudders>. so yes i lied about my real name on it. (but i closed my account too)

Comment

This my friends is why you have it set up so they have to request your friendship to see what groups you are part of.

Comment

Can someone who is not of the American persuasion please tell me what a 'sooky la la' is, and what part of the world this hilarious term comes from?
                      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Sooky la la....think drama queen, whiner, do-gooder (to the extreme) etc.

To clarify, this article is Australian and came from Sydney.

That's why I've removed any references to me on groups, or if I have said anything, I've only shared stories, not bitched about customers or the workplace.

Comment

what is this facebook of which is spoken of, i have a soul and have no knowledge or need of such of a thing.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                            no knowledge or need of such of a thing.
                            If you don't know what it is, how do you know it isn't useful?
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

My employer actually has a Facebook Group.
                              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X