Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally don't think Stephen King has much room to talk about bad writing...

Though I still don't like his stuff, I do respect him now that I've read "On Writing".
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth Nurian View Post
      Didn't Charles Dickens do the same thing with A Christmas Carol? You know, write it for purely monetary reasons?
      Nothing wrong with that, writers have to pay the bills somehow!

Actually, Twilight was her first book (and boy does it show), and it just randomly caught on. But yeah, she sorted out a LOT of her pacing and character development issues by the time she wrote The Host. I'm actually looking forward to seeing what else she does, post-Twilight.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

I'm not a big fan of King's books but i like a lot of the films made from them. I have never read the Twilight books. But I have a HUGE problem with people who say things like "she can't write worth a damn". The people who like those books obviously think the books are fine. Does King think the people who read and like them are all idiots? Just because her writing isn't to HIS liking doesn't mean it's crap.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Severen13 View Post
          I hate Twilight and Stephenie Meyer with the burning passion of 1000 white-hot suns. I could be here all night typing about said hatred, but I'll just say that Stephen King is right. Meyer couldn't write her way out of a Ziploc bag.
          Agreed. The writing is awful, there are far too many descriptions on looks, and she keeps repeating herself. My old English teacher would have given her a D for that; she hated repetition.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
          X