Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple finds peephole reversed in hotel door...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple finds peephole reversed in hotel door...

...so of course they want a refund, because "their rights to privacy were violated."

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-peepho...,7030384.story
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

I'd want my money back too. That's pretty appalling. Regardless of whether anybody used it or not.

Comment

I'm torn on this one.

I'd probably want my money back if it happened to me, but it's not reasonable to have maintenance check every peephole on every door after every guest leaves. That's a whole lot of extra work for something that happens once in a blue moon.

Comment

A whole lot of extra work? Just peep in as you enter to clean the room.

Comment

How much extra time would that add on to a typical day, however? Even if it's only a few seconds per room, that adds up. And if the door has two peepholes, like the one in the story? You're talking about more than just two or three extra seconds there.

Compare that to the number of times we've heard stories like this. I don't know about you, but this is the first time I've read about this situation happening.

Comment

Why would there be a reason in general to check for reversed peepholes? That doesn't seem common enough to warrant extra inspections. If it was tampered with as the claim goes, the signs should be obvious. I would be looking at whoever installed the things.

The cynical part of me is wondering about this, given that it is only apparently a single room that is affected.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

and how long has it been reversed for?
              and is it something the average hotel guess can change themselves?

Comment

The answer is simple, get one of those swivel covers that ou can get on door locks in the inside of the door, alright with a lot of rooms it'd cost a bit.
                I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I call shenanigans.

I bet they are scammers and THEY switched it.....

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
                    I call shenanigans.

I bet they are scammers and THEY switched it.....
                    the survallience camera said nobody went to the door. i think that if they switched it themselves, they would have seen that. plus, why change the peephole just to get your money back?

Comment

I could see some kids or pervs or immature employee doing this. I think they should get their money back. I really don't see that a quick check by the maids would take that long; if a maid cleans ten to twenty rooms a day, then 20 seconds a room is less than ten minutes a day.
                      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                      HR believes the first person in the door
                      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                      Document everything
                      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I'd want my money back too if that happened to me.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

As wagegoth agrees - it's really not that much time. But I agree the likelihood of it is extremely low. So sure, don't check.

But if you ever have a situation where it happens, offer the guest their money back. Whether that ever happens is an insurance gamble in-house - pay the 10 seconds per door housekeeping time to do it, or risk that it'll happen so infrequently you'll make more by just refunding.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                            I could see some kids or pervs or immature employee doing this. I think they should get their money back. I really don't see that a quick check by the maids would take that long; if a maid cleans ten to twenty rooms a day, then 20 seconds a room is less than ten minutes a day.
                            maybe it seems insignificant, but less 10 minutes a day adds up to 2.5 days per year that they spend just checking peepholes.
                            My Space

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                              The answer is simple, get one of those swivel covers that ou can get on door locks in the inside of the door, alright with a lot of rooms it'd cost a bit.
                              Or get a post-it note or a piece of notepaper and scotch tape. Or a glob of toothpaste if you're that worried about it.

According to the posters on Fark (take that for what you will) it is not that hard to do and several of them admit to having done it as a prank in the past. So either some guest was goofing around, or the person who installed it did it by accident.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X