This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY compassionate 12-year-old

This kid deservedly won $10,000 and a new laptop for designing a homeless shelter:

http://greenbuildingelements.com/200...er-from-trash/

It's easy to assemble, and I hope it will keep some people from freezing in cold weather. The kid is very articulate, with a wide vocabulary, and a genuine interest in helping others.

That is amazingly cool.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Aww..what a good kid
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Max Wallack, you're one of the good ones, kid!
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

What a great idea. And a smart kid!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

What an incredible kid! Great job, Max!!!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

The cynic in me thinks that whoever starts producing these things is going to charge a price that homeless people can't afford anyway.

Comment

Nice work

Although it reminds me of something I saw on the Ellen DeGeneres show once. A bunch of kids were doing their own inventions. A lot of them were good-like one that was designed to stop your shopping getting rained on (it consisted of a retractable shadecloth-like cover that fixed onto the child seat), a cake cutter (that tended to mush up the icing first it was a metal thing that looked like a cookie cutter), but the one that my mum -ed at was a 6-year-old kid who created an "underwater see-er" which consisted of binoculars on top of a SCUBA mask. When it came time for him to demonstrate his invention, he had a kiddie paddling pool set up, but rather than kneel at the edge and stick his head in, he climbed INTO the pool and laid face-down!
                The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                X