X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the Tree Tomato

https://www.tomatogiant.com/flare/next
    ----------------------------------

You may have seen this comercial, I know many of my customers have and they are driving me to them.

You will notice that they never say what variety the tomato is? That's because there are about 6 or 7 different tomatoes in the comercial! The one they cut is a Beefsteak type, but the ones in the basket are clustered on a vine and half the size and if you look closely at the "tree" you will see small red tomatoes, cherry type!

Oh and the scene with the "tree", it is in a greenhouse, of course it is 8 ft tall. Grow any plant in a greenhouse and it will be bigger.

But the best part, you three of these "trees" in "pre-seeded nurseryman's packs" for only $10! (+5.95 P&H)

I sell 4 actual plants for $1.75

But wait we will add three "early" tomatos that will ripen in July!

That's what (April, May June, July) almost 4 months! My Early Girl tomatoes will ripen in 55 days.

For $15.95, I will sell you a flat of tomatoes, 24 plants and you will still have money left over for a coke and a candy bar, and I will throw in a bag of Popcorn for free!
    "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

I couldn't watch the whole commercial, the lady's voice was driving me nuts. But did they mention that you need a framework for those tomatoes to grow on? Vines don't naturally grow up that high!

And they didn't once say how the tomatoes tasted - I'm willing to bet if a plant is producing that many huge tomatoes as they claim that they taste like nothing - mostly water.

Comment

I love watching commercials like that. They only thing they were missing was someone frowning in a blatant way at the competitor's product.
      Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

And dont forget, they need to show somebody doing it wrong, through a gray filter.
        I see dumb people...

"I think I died long ago, and you two are my eternal punishment"
        "..."
        "You're like a constant downer, huh?"

Comment

Then they need to put a giant slash through the grey filter and use that to transition to some one doing it correctly in overly bright colors. *gag*

Damn I feel for you Psion. I think I would have sent a few customers home crying after hearing them quote that commercial at me a few times.
          Don't go towards the light... Go left damn it LEFT! ... Why did God install that bug zapper?

Comment

And the children. While showing a competitor's product, the children must be frowning and sad. Until they try one of the advertiser's vine-ripened tomatoes, which will surely bring smile to any child's face.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

In just 90 days to see results --- 30 day money back guarantee. That right there makes me think of it as a scam.

But then I find it a bit annoying when a greenhouse keeps tomato plants outside in the rain -- yet charges different prices depending on the number of green/red tomatoes on them. One such place was selling 6-8 newly growing plants for like $1-2.... a small plant with a tomato starting to turn red was selling for $12 -- one that was almost full size was $25!

I kept on thinking that if someone was that desperate for tomatoes right now, they should just go to the store, then buy the new plants - they'd save almost $20.

Comment

besides... i always felt the smaller ones had more flavor, like the cherry ones.

Comment

I'm quite fond of the Rutger's tomatoes. Next year, I want to try a Brandywine since I like big, juicy tomatoes on my sammiches.
                  I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Don't forget! They need to show a lady trying to work in her garden, grabbing her back in pain, and blowing her hair out of her face.

I DID buy the upside-down tomato basket, and it was great! But this thing is pretty ass-stupid.

Comment

I've actually wanted to tell some of those grey-toned people that maybe they wouldn't have so much trouble opening their canned goods/peeling their potatoes/keeping that darn blanket on if they weren't flailing around so ridiculously.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

And what the heck would I do with that many tomatoes? If I had those plants, people would be logging onto this forum complaining about the "tomato guy" that's forcing them to take all his extra tomatoes. Heck, I get enough tomatoes from the volunteer plants that grow out over the septic field.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Does it come with a free ShamWow?

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                            I've actually wanted to tell some of those grey-toned people that maybe they wouldn't have so much trouble opening their canned goods/peeling their potatoes/keeping that darn blanket on if they weren't flailing around so ridiculously.
                            I read "failing around." I think it works better that way.
                            Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth Apathy View Post
                              I read "failing around."
                              *steals phrase and runs*
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                              X