http://www.lilfinethings.com/2006/11...her_schle.html
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Only $100 - not a bad price.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
      Only $100 - not a bad price.
      $129, actually. Even so, that's almost too-good-to-be-true low.

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
        $129, actually. Even so, that's almost too-good-to-be-true low.
        I know what I want for my birthday now

Comment

Why do I think it is too good to be true? What ingredients do you use? That's convieniently absent. I think they lower the price to entice people, and then it comes out "Required ingredients must be bought from H/S. Use of any other ingredients may cause problems and invalidate warranty."
          Testing
          "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Quoth Caveat Emptor View Post
            Why do I think it is too good to be true? What ingredients do you use? That's convieniently absent.
            whoa way to burst my ice cream dream there!!

I checked the cuisine art website and they have a recipe booklet that comes with the manual and there's no tricks, it usually a regular ice cream maker recipe, the machine just comes with a churn to make it into soft serve texture rather than scoopable stuff! they even give a brand name list of the goodies that you can mix in with it!

here is the recipe they list for strawberry ice cream

8oz strawberries
            2/3 cup sugar
            1/4 tsp vanilla extract
            2/3 cup whole milk
            1 1/3 cup cream

thats no some mystical expensive only buy from us ingredients list now is it

I'm not sure Ive ever seen an appliance that gives a recipe list on the advert? Not everything is a scam!

*goes back to fantasising about home made soft serve!
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I think that'll be a new toy that SO and I could agree on getting. I want one!!
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I have an ice cream maker and we love it! I have made so many different flavors! Once you get a basic vanilla down, you can do anything you want.

We've made mango, kiwi, blueberry, strawberry, cinnamon apple and a few others. They were all yummy.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                  Not everything is a scam!
                  True, but one has to be just a little skeptical about a Cuisinart appliance with an MSRP of $129.

Comment

We had a clearanced soft serve machine...and it was...debateable. Ick.

I hope this one is a LOT better.

Comment

OMG! I want one too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'll stick with my tried and true Donvier...non-electric, easier to clean. Sigh, now I really want ice cream...thanks guys.

Comment

Honey, I know what I want for my birthday!
                          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

this sounds good tho... cos you can make your own without all the additives and preservatives
                            and since you're just making enough for your own house... you don't need any chemicals to preserve it for a week+

Comment

Working...
                            X