• Show
Clear All

• How to handle a bad waiter

5 tips for handling a bad waiter

What do y'all think?

I'd say they're pretty good actually, especially the line

Quoth The Article
    Don't make a scene
    How many people just scream and shout like wild monkeys...?
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

This is a great article. It's perfect from both the perspective of customers AND servers, which is exceedingly rare.

Any decent server HATES shitty servers who give them a bad name, and none of them feel like they should be tipped.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Gah! I was just coming here to post this article but Rummy beat me to it

I saw it and thought: "Finally! Someone gets it! I must get this to my fellow CSers at once!"
        "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Excellent article!
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Me likes.

Hopefully people read and get it through their thick skulls that not everything is the server's fault. As a former host, I can attest to the fact that sometimes hosts can't follow a seating chart to save their own lives, a lot of times customers refuse to sit where the host seats them, a lot of time the food temperature and taste is the kitchen's fault. Please be realistic....do you think the server really cooked your food? See how they are running all over serving other tables and making drinks? The cook made your food, and if it tastes bad, it's their fault. So quit blaming the servers already!

Huge reason I quit waitressing/hosting. I got sick of people who refused to sit where I was going to put them, sick of being bitched at by servers for double seating, sick of people who didn't tip because of food the cooks fucked up, sick of being stiffed for things out of my control!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

okay own up who on the site wrote that brilliant article!!!
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                Please be realistic....do you think the server really cooked your food? See how they are running all over serving other tables and making drinks? The cook made your food, and if it tastes bad, it's their fault. So quit blaming the servers already!
                That always burned me up when I was waiting tables. The cooks at the vast majority of places I worked got an hourly wage and could give two s***s about the customers because they didn't depend on their generosity.

There were times when I could bend over backward for a table and fix a bad food situation to the best of my ability; but I would STILL get stiffed. I had a few good customers who would say "We're disappointed in the food, but it's not your fault," but most people don't make that connection. Maybe if they actually spoke to a manager they could actually get the kitchen to remedy the REAL problem at hand. Stiffing your server is pretty counterproductive; because the food problems won't be fixed AND no one will want to wait on you.
                "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

I find it very well written and reasonable... (apparently they have no associations with pfb, hah!)

I like that it starts out with tips on how to properly treat the staff first etc... and that only tips 4 and 5 are about how to handle truly bad service.

hmmm sitting on the bar side..
                  actually that's not bad too. mom and dad do that at their favorite rib-place, cos the "bar side" has booths too, and it's usually away from the kids. mm makes me want some ribs lol

Comment

Working...
                  X