This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware April 1

No, not a joke. You have 1 day to fix this problem before Conficker starts accessing the internet for instructions:

Run a Conficker removal tool before April 1

The telling point is is you can access Windows Update or not. If you can, you're most likely not infected.

Eric the Grey
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

If you have the virus, then you're already affected by it and it's running - April 1st is just an update day.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I can't update windows!
      o wait... that's because I'm on OSX... (yeah im a wench today)

the xp should be ok tho... it aint been online in... maybe a year, if not longer.

Comment

and according to that article, those in the US and Australia aren't affected by it AFAIK.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          I can't update windows!
          o wait... that's because I'm on OSX...
          Same here and virus free for over 2 1/2 years
          "It takes people like you, to make people like me" Another Night In London - Devildriver

Comment

Make that three on OSX

Comment

The main reason why Mac OS and Linux haven't had any major virus attacks is because the majorty if computers in the US (and probabaly the world) are based on Windows.

If they're going to risk as much as they do and write something like this- why write it for a smaller percentage of the users?

With that said, there's something nasty riding on ConF*cker's coattails. It killd my entire network the past few days but I have confrmed that it is not ConF*cker but it WAS triggered when I updated PCs to XP SP3.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                The main reason why Mac OS and Linux haven't had any major virus attacks is because the majorty if computers in the US (and probabaly the world) are based on Windows.
                Also the Unix security model is much more secure than windows, it only gives users access to things they definitely need (as opposed to Windows where the default is to give them access to everything). That being said, getting your virus to run as root is probably not impossible.

Comment

You might have to support THIS

Sadly, it would be easier than dealing with the regular lusers.

B
                  "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                  I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I just Stumbled onto this:

http://www.joestewart.org/cfeyechart.html

Simple website that tells you if you're infected or not by trying to load pictures from sites Conficker blocks and sites it doesn't block. If you see only the non-blocked ones, you're probably infected.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                      I just Stumbled onto this:

http://www.joestewart.org/cfeyechart.html

Simple website that tells you if you're infected or not by trying to load pictures from sites Conficker blocks and sites it doesn't block. If you see only the non-blocked ones, you're probably infected.
                      That's pretty clever. Hopefully, the sites don't mind them pulling images like that.

Eric the Grey
                      In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Working...
                      X