Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When we rely too much on something electrical.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When we rely too much on something electrical.

We have to be reminded that some things can work manually.

This lady called 911 because she was locked in her because nothing worked only to have the operated ask her if she had pulled the lock herself.

http://www.break.com/index/dumb-woma...-911-call.html

oh wow

oh my god!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

My radio station was making fun of this lady yesterday - and got a HUGE kick out of it because back when OnSt@r was introduced, they did a BlondeStar spoof of nearly the exact same thing. Never knew in a few years that it would be a reality!

Comment

This story reminded me of THIS.

Some locks you really can't pull up very well from the inside though, as not much of the thing is exposed so it's hard to get a grip. At least that's the way it was on one of my mom's old cars from years ago.

Comment

True cats. But from the audio she was able to get out of the car once she was informed about pulling locks the up.

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
            My radio station was making fun of this lady yesterday - and got a HUGE kick out of it because back when OnSt@r was introduced, they did a BlondeStar spoof of nearly the exact same thing. Never knew in a few years that it would be a reality!
            Yep, that was a funny one (and they did the same thing at a radio station here). They also had "Ron-Star" (one of the co-hosts' name is Ron).

Edit: I'm making her an EH suspect. When the dispatcher suggests for her to pull up the lock her first response (even before the dispatcher finished) was "I tried that" when in reality, she didn't.
            Last edited by draggar; 04-04-2009, 11:11 PM.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

.....That poor dispatcher. Sounds like she should join CS.com!

Comment

and i was just thinking the other day about the joke...

woman is crying in front of her car cos her remote keys won't work and she just doesn't know what to do anymore.

guy comes up and helps... "Is there an alarm on the car?"

Her: "No just this remote key".

Guy: "OK" he takes the keys, puts the key in the lock and unlocks the car. "You might want to drive over to that battery store over there, it's a bit of a walk."

O_o heh.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  and i was just thinking the other day about the joke...

woman is crying in front of her car cos her remote keys won't work and she just doesn't know what to do anymore.

guy comes up and helps... "Is there an alarm on the car?"

Her: "No just this remote key".

Guy: "OK" he takes the keys, puts the key in the lock and unlocks the car. "You might want to drive over to that battery store over there, it's a bit of a walk."

O_o heh.
                  I get a bad feeling that that joke has a lot of truth behind it.....

Comment

Quoth Cats View Post
                    Some locks you really can't pull up very well from the inside though, as not much of the thing is exposed so it's hard to get a grip. At least that's the way it was on one of my mom's old cars from years ago.
                    I've been in cars like that before, but there was still a non-electrical way out. The front locks would go down so far that you couldn't pull them up well, but the rear locks stuck up enough to grab. The front locks in those cases would automatically unlock if you pulled the door handle, like most front car doors do.

I think about the only time I wouldn't laugh or scratch my head at someone who "couldn't do anything with their car" if something in the key fob died would be if it was like the car one friend of mine had for a while. That one had a chip or something in the factory-issued key that was necessary for the car to start. If someone else made a copy of the key with a key copier, the car wouldn't start due to the lack of security chip. I seem to recall this friend telling me of one time she had to contact the dealer to get a new key because something about hers failed and they could no longer start their car.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                    X