X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge throws kids away for money.

http://www.mixx.com/stories/3913081/...r_cash_scandal

Surprise it hasnt been posted yet.

Yep, a corrupt judge was sentencing kids away for money.

It was in people magazine.

Some I can remember.

Kid parents buys bike, they later are told it was stolen. They didn't know. Parents get tapped with don't do that again. Kid gets six months at a detention center.

A kid with /learning/ disabity didn't tell his parents he had to go to court to testify about a student bringing a knife to school. Sentence for 2 months.

Many other ones. 5,000 kids to be exact.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

That's just wrong. That judge just put those kids in jail even for minor offenses just to line his pockets?!! I hope they throw the book at him!
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

We have to respond to various articles for my criminal justice class for participation credit. One of our links was another story on this. It's just messed up. Lives are being drastically altered for no good reason.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Quoth article
        Ciavarvella sent 15-year-old Hillary Transue to a wilderness camp for mocking an assistant principal on a MySpace page.
        How's that even legal? I thought we had freedom of speech in this country?

With some of the things I've said about people, I could be put away for life.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Here's a CNN Link for anyone who doesn't want to register for the site linked above. Personally, I refuse to add to my incoming spam for something I can get elsewhere.

As far as the story goes, I hope these kids get some kind of settlement, and hopefully these judges get to spend some quality time behind bars, with the real criminals.

Eric the Grey
          In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            How's that even legal?
            It's not. The "judge" was abusing his power and was basically committing acts of slave labor.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Making fun of people on social networking sites can be thought of as slander/libel..ugh crap which one is it?
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel.

However, it doesn't cover stuff like "schoolyard insults" like "you're a poophead" or "son of a bitch."
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                  However, it doesn't cover stuff like "schoolyard insults" like "you're a poophead" or "son of a bitch."
                  Cool - you're a poopie head!

This is really sad - I'm sure many of these children, mostly younger ones, are going to suffer some psychological trauma for this all for doing something that normally doesn't go out of juvenile court.

Kids are slapped with community service and the parents (well, the responsible ones) hit them with being grounded (no TV, no friends, etc..).
                  Quote Dalesys:
                  ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                  X