X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Bob Thornton acting like an asshole

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30138866/

-----Sorry Billy Bob but maybe not everyone knows you aside from your acting career and your weird relationship with Angelina Jolie. I'm surprised the CBC guy didn't boot his ass off the radio.

Wow, that was shocking.
    I can understand wanting to focus on the band, but way to blow a small comment completely out of proportion. The interviewer barely touched on the fact that he's in movies.

On another note, I really like the interviewer. He kept his cool all through Thornton's pouting and seems very intelligent.

Comment

That's nothing new. I thought BBT was an asshole ever since he started getting famous.
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Sooo....the interviewer can't talk about his acting career...because he's a musician now....but he's not because he won't play music....so....

why was he on the show?

What a dumbass.

Comment

There's one thing I was thinking about after hearing the interview...

If BB didn't want the his notoriety to influence how people percieve the band, then why not use a pseudonym? Heck, he could just call himself "William Thornton" and most people wouldn't notice unless it was pointed out to them. Stephen King did this as Richard Bachman.
          "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Billy Bob Thornton almost makes Joaquin Phoenix look well-adjusted.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
              That's nothing new. I thought BBT was an asshole ever since he started getting famous.
              I agree,

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
              Sooo....the interviewer can't talk about his acting career...because he's a musician now....but he's not because he won't play music....so....

why was he on the show?

What a dumbass.
              The morning show I listen to is open to the audience about things like this and tell us what they aren't allowed to ask them. Let's just say Tonya Harding was on the show once trying to promote her boxing career. You can imagine where that went.

Now, why did he get annoyed / mad when he was referred to as being "passionate" about his music especially if the interview was supposed to be about music? (Granted, I don't know what lead up to that question).

And BBT - you're no Tom Petty. You're far from it. Your music is OK at best. If you sell as many albums (and different albums) as Tom Petty did and your career lasts as long as his did (still does?) then come back and compare yourself to him.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

FYI, the interviewer Jian Ghomeshi is a singer/musician/songwriter himself, and once was a member of the world famous (in Canada, that is) a cappella group Moxy Fruvous.

Here's one of their best songs, "King of Spain". (EDIT: Jian's the guy with the long black curly hair.)

Also, I just read on Wiki that BBT's band were boo-ed during a performance the next night, and have cancelled the rest of their Canadian tour.

Last edited by El Pollo Guerrera; 04-11-2009, 08:27 AM.
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Yeah it looks like he's still not done acting like a big baby and now the whole Canadian tour is finished before it even started.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090411/...y_bob_thornton

Comment

Working...
                  X