X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh...

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/0...tomer-service/

I swear this guy was in my store last week. "Can I get some service over here!!?!" Of course, sir, how silly of me to take you at your word when you refused my offer of help FOUR SECONDS AGO.

Moved to Check It Out...
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

My wife and I decide to go out for dinner. The waiter looks my wife in the eye and asks "How are you guys tonight?"
      HOW DARE HE MAKE EYE CONTACT AND STRIKE UP A CONVERSATION!!!!! What is this world coming to where a waiter makes eye contaqct while talking to one of his patrons!! If I EVER had a waiter come up to me and LOOK at me I would write letters, write to the news and HAVE THAT PLACE SHUT DOWN! The wait staff needs to SUBMIT TO ME!!!!! THE ALL MIGHTY CUSTOMER!!!! Don't LOOK at me, bow down to me, kiss my ass!! LICK MY SHOES!!!!!!!!

</SARCASM>

OK, so what the hell is wrong with this or is he mad because the waiter didn't make eye contact with him? (A little schauvinistic IMO). At least his eyes were on hers and not other things many guys' eyes drift to (or just go sctright to) when they look at a woman...
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

yet he also complained that the gas attendant didn't look at him

Comment

Sheesh, what a whiny ass EW....
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
            Moved to Check It Out...
            Thanks, for some reason I couldn't find the right section last night

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
              HOW DARE HE MAKE EYE CONTACT AND STRIKE UP A CONVERSATION!!!!! What is this world coming to where a waiter makes eye contaqct while talking to one of his patrons!!
              Actually I think he was freaking out over the phrasing "you guys" - instead of, for example, "you folks" or "sir and madam." Some people get pretty bent out of shape over this - "I'm not a man!!" or in this case "my wife is not a man!" - while others, the majority really, simply accept that in the last twenty years "you guys" has become a gender-neutral, collective form of address in casual conversation...

English, what a fun language. We can see shfits like this in our own lifetimes. Getting shirty about it won't do any good; never has, never will. *Pats Oxford English Dictionary affectionately*

Comment

Yeah I've moved with the times. Standing with a group consisting entirely of women, I have been known to say such things as "whaddya you guys wanna do next?"

At least he has a link to a response article where he lambasts sucky customers, too. But yeah, total EW in most of that.

I like the "I wrote to the news station and they ignored me" one. Mostly because I wrote to them once, and they changed what they were doing and thanked me for bringing to their attention. I guess suggesting they ditch "You won't believe what happened next" is just ... monumentally petty and stupid...?

Comment

You want customer service? Visit my car dealership. They have the most obsequious service representives there that I have ever encountered. And what really made it an experience was one of them had the same name as one of the high mucky-mucks at work.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

This guy is probably getting ignored and not taken seriously because he comes across as a total dicksmack.

When all you do it complain about every little thing, you get ignored.

Guy needs to get a clue.

Comment

Working...
                    X