Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PETA to the Pet Shop Boys - change your name!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETA to the Pet Shop Boys - change your name!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Musi...oys/index.html

My response would be "Um, no".
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

At first I thought this was the dumbest thing they've tried, then I got to the end of the article. Calling fish "SEA KITTENS"?!!!
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Usual rules, folks. We have a number of PETA members on here who aren't bat-shit insane, so can we avoid the Fratching Bat, please?

Rapscallion

Comment

PETA: Change your name, Pet Shop Boys!
        Pet Shop Boys: What have we...what have we...what have we done to deserve this?
        The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

uh... ...I think not.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Go West.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FkXQc-24vg

Comment

To give them credit, they acknowledged it was a bizarre request and were asking for it in order to "raise awareness" rather than because "being called pet shop boys is EBIL".

Never hurts to ask...

Comment

This sounds kinda like when they requested that the Green Bay Packers (named for a meat packaging plant that put up the money for their first team) changed their name to the "six-Packers."

Because it's so much better to promote mass consumption of alcohol, and we Cheeselanders certainly don't need promotion to consume massive amounts of alcohol.

Yeah, it's pretty nutty, but they just thought they would ask I guess.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                  To give them credit, they acknowledged it was a bizarre request and were asking for it in order to "raise awareness"
                  And a name-change is going to help the plight of abused/neglected animals exactly HOW?..........

I could maybe see asking for a change (not that you have a snowball's chance in you-know-where of getting it) if the band's name was something like "Chainsawing Bloody Mangled Puppy Organs", but yeesh.
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth derangedperson View Post
                    PETA: Change your name, Pet Shop Boys!
                    Pet Shop Boys: What have we...what have we...what have we done to deserve this?
                    That's brilliant. XD
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                    X