X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied License Plate

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80600913/

Woman wanted to get a license plate that when read, would sound like, "I love tofu"...
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

i guess she could try
    I love soy ?

but she has a point. it's a bit stupid

Comment

I don't see what's offensive about having ILVTOFU on her license plate at all. Pretty stupid of the DMV to deny her plate if you ask me.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        I don't see what's offensive about having ILVTOFU on her license plate at all.
        Well, depends on where you put the spaces.

I LV TO F U

I LV TO FU

I LV TOFU

Put to english, those would become:

I love to fuck you.

I love to fuck (or) I love to fuck you.

I love tofu.

Just a different way of seeing things, is all.

Comment

I agree with the DMV here.

Yes, as she says in the vid "there are a lot of dirty people out there", but they have to be considered when approving plates. You can't have PHUKET, even if you really like that particular Thai holiday spot (another plate that was banned somewhere, at some point). You wouldn't get ILV69 even if you're very proud of your '69 Chrysler.

The fact that she loves tofu is irrelevant. She needs to find another way to express it. Maybe put the TOFU first, as in TOFUROX suggested by someone on the comments.

Strikes me as along the same lines as the first password I applied for with my first ISP. They said "no whole words". I wanted the initials of a phrase, which came out to t.h.a.w. They said "thaw is a word" I said "But I'm not using it as a word!"

Ah, my niaivety back then...

Comment

I'm one of those dirty people. I first saw this on Treehugger and could only see I LV TO FU. It wasn't until I watched the video and they actually said I love tofu that I got it.

Comment

Only if she puts it onto a Subaru. Didn't she say it was going onto a VW??

Keep it Japanese-centric.

Comment

I see the DMV's reasoning. First thing I read it as was "I love to f u."
                "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

you also can't have "maddog" - which is actually the CB handle of my kids father. Mine was "happycat" at the time (it was a lie, but cute when I was young). When we get the letter from DMV saying he couldn't have that tag - he just didn't get it - until I wrote the exact word - only backwards & then he got it. I should have gone to DMV with him.
                  "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann
                  RIP Plaidman - you are loved & greatly missed.

Comment

LOL, glad you explained that one cos I was wondering what's so wrong with MADDOG myself!

Yeah, the DMV doesn't really respond to "But that's not MY intention when creating it". Doesn't matter.

Comment

Yeah I heard about this on the radio earlier. On the one hand, I understand where the DMV is coming from, on the other, I think it's stupid. I'm torn with this one.

Comment

lol, and to think my friends company has a plate because no one can pronounce, the first time, phuhque
                        Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                        pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

yeah i was like "um what's wrong with maddog" too utnil i read it backwards

i remember hearing one bout a guy who had a tie company called "Tie one on"
                          the dmv wouldn't let him have it on his plates

Comment

Here's some other ideas for license plates for her:

VGNGRL, VGNGIRL, VEGNGRL (Vegan girl)
                            VEGGIES
                            GO VEG
                            VEGNPWR (Vegan power)
                            NML LVR (Animal lover)
                            NO MEAT
                            NML RTS (Animal rights)
                            The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

ROFL derangedperson. Nice try.

VGNGRL, VGNGIRL = virgin girl. Nope.

NML LVR = normal lover. Bit strange to be advertising that, but probably on the bannable list.

NO MEAT = lesbian. Nope.

You don't have a gutter mind, you poor innocent thing, do you?

Comment

Working...
                              X