This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty, Filthy, Disgusting customers

Now I've never worked in fast food (thankfully), but I know some people on here have. I wonder if you've seen a McDonalds as filthy as this one

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...006301,00.html

For those that don't live in Adelaide, Hindley St is Adelaide main nightlife/nightclub strip. For those brave (or stupid) enough to head down there on a Friday or Saturday night, you will see humanity at it's worst.

An example is the McDonalds that operates on this street. On any given Friday or Saturday night, you will see an endless queue, and the pigs of customers leaving the place in absolute squaller. With McDonalds being the tightarses they are in having minimal staff on at these hours, the poor workers are too busy dealing with the drunk (stupid) customers to clean up the SC's mess.

Thoughts?
    the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

People are horrible and dirty. I hate people. That's all I can say.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Christ that place gets shitty when the clubs close, I have to say the latest I've ever been in there has been about 12am, so I miss all that crap.
      If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

While many people were pointing the fingers at the staff, there were some noteworthy quotes defending them:
        But he was reluctant to blame staff, who he said appeared to be working "flat out".
        "I think it was short-staffed, there were big queues to get food," he said.
        I totally agree that the standard needs to be inspected. However, it would be very bias if not considering the behaviour of the 'regular customers' on weekend nights. Most of them are around 20-30 and most of them are drunk. Some of them may be a little too much fun when they throw cups full of coke at each others, when there is a worker doing clean up. Some of them just think it was so much fun to stick pickles, tomato on the walls just to express themselves. So many frustrating situations that workers have to deal with.
        Don't put the full blame on the staff, put it on the filthy pigs that leave it like this. hate to see how they live at home, mommy and daddy must follow them around the sty with a shit scoop.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Holy cow! That's proof right there that not all the pigs sleep in barns.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The manager I normally work with would have a s***fit if this ever happened in our restaurant.

I'm glad that some people were defending the employees. If it is busy, we can't leave. Now, if they weren't busy at all, then there would be a bigger problem.

Customers are pigs at times. They think employees=servants. When I eat ANYWHERE, I throw all trash away and even get my crumbs. When i go to the drink station, I wipe all wet spots, even if I don't make the mess and I even straighten the lids and straws. And this is at other places. Going to my own as a customer, they get the place cleaned lol.

I need help.
            "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

To help defend the employees I have been in there a couple of times when it's been packed and they only have 2 people working registers, I can only imagine what it's like when the clubs kick everyone put.
              If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

I'm thinking; get a rake. Especially around the piggy customers. Use a pitchfork to send the message.

Comment

When I worked a food stand, it would tend to look a little something like that by the end of the day. Which pissed me off to no end. I took great pains to be neat, because the less mess you made, the less you had to clean up the next morning. My co-workers did not grasp this, however. In the process of serving up food they'd do it wildly, and send popcorn and french fries flying all over the place. Or half-assedly aim for the garbage can and miss and not care. It was so unnecessary.

Comment

It is pretty well known that I am not big on fast food.

That being said, I have been in my share of fast food restaurants, and have seen them busy beyond belief and have seen customers trashing the place.

And yet, in my almost 30 years on the planet, nowhere have I ever seen a fast food place look like THAT. Ever. Seriously. That is repulsive. I refuse to believe they had staff coming out to clean up, because that is just too much stuff for me to believe that anyone did come out.

And that is not a condemnation of the staff. From what I read, it sounds like they were understaffed, and the staff there was doing what they could to keep up with the orders.

This, then, becomes a condemnation of the management. Because if they know it gets like this on a regular basis, to understaff it is criminal. And not just in my opinion, mind you, but apparently according to local ordinances, from what I read in the article.

If ever I walked into a place that looked like that, I would turn around and walk right back out. Fuck that shit.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Frankly, imagining what kind of client base they have at that time of day (and reading about throwing food etc), if I worked there you couldn't pay me enough to go out there into them and clean.

I'd say it's hazardous for the staff. Maybe this McD's needs to stop being a 24 hour and close at 10.00pm or something?

Comment

I think many of are the attitude that it's not their house, and they don't have to clean it up, and that's what the staff are paid to do. But not to THIS extent!!!
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Holy shit!
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I wonder how much trash actually makes it to the trash can. My guess 1/2 bag of trash can trash 6 bags trash form the floors, walls, tables, etc.

Comment

at that time of night, accusing any of the denizens of hindley St of thinking is... foolish, to say the least. they are drunk, drugged, self important, little ferals who think they are all the top shit!!! and what isn't pointed out, there is a cop shop 4-5 doors down and regular police patrols!!!

I walk past there regularly around 11.30pm Friday nights (gaming night at the local DnD store FTW!!!) and it scares me!!

I have two young girls in my group and I make sure we all walk together to the buses, etc. cos the louts and the drunken idjets will hit on them and generally harass them non-stop

I love table top gaming, but I don't love it being so close to Hindley street

Comment

Working...
                              X