X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Hawking in the hospital

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090420/...ritain_hawking

I'm hoping he makes it out okay, he's one of the smartest people in the world, and a good example of someone who has great things despite a crippling disability...

I was just about to post this.

I wish him the best.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

My prayers are with him: he's had such an incredible life, and yet seems concerned about not being an elitist, and helping ordinary people get interested in science. When I was in high school, my dad gave me a copy of Brief History of Time, and it immediately become one of my favorite books.

Plus, you have to love his willingness to participate in The Simpsons and Futurama. That's just another level of awesome.
      "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

And don't forget Star Trek: TNG. All he wanted to do was sit in the Captain's chair. Needless to say, he got to do just that. I love that segemnt of the Episode. I don't remember the title of it off the top of my head.

My prayers are with him as well.

Comment

I just saw a clip on You Tube....Data was playing poker w/ Hawking, Newton, and Einstein.

It was cool

Edit: Episode was "Descent" (thank you Wiki)
          Last edited by Cat; 04-21-2009, 12:06 AM. Reason: added
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

My prayers are with him. I'd hate to see our modern genius leave us.

Comment

I'm wishing him well. We need to keep him around.

Comment

http://www.hawking.org.uk/

Tuesday 21st April, approx. 12:00 UK time

Professor Hawking is being kept in for observation at Addenbrooke's hospital this morning. He is comfortable and his family is looking forward to him making a full recovery.

Comment

Nooo Steven! I haven't met you yet!!!
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I love his laugh at the end of that clip on Star Trek:TNG

Comment

AUGH! I burst into tears when I saw it on my news that day.

Since I was young I've been studying his theorems and texts ;_; He's one of my great influences and admore both his self, and work! Geh, I'm about to start crying now

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg8_cKxJZJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei-pKsNiINk

two cool clips.
                        He's got a great sense of humor

Comment

I always wondered if Hawkins wanted to be on the Simpsons. Heheh I love his comment on the boxing glove.

Comment

My favorite story about Stephen Hawking's appearance on Star Trek : The Next Generation . . .

Hawking was on the Engineering set. He looked up at the warp engine core and stated, "I'm working on that."

Thankfully . . .

Stephen Hawking is expected to make a full recovery.
                            “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
                            “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
                            “I don’t know.”
                            “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

i figure he was on the mend... the official site pulled down the blurb about his recent illness and went back to the regular format.

reading the stuff about him on his web page.
                              and ... it's odd but i never realized he was British. of course... his speech-synthesizer doesn't do accents i guess

Comment

Working...
                              X