X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9 ways you can haggle at your favorite store now

http://www.jenniferlitwin.com/blog/2...te-stores-now/

Bitch.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Who she?

What she?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      Who she?
      A EW bitch.

What she?
      A EW bitch.

As for discontinued / clearance prices BEFORE they're discontinued? Complain just for the sake of getting a lower price.

Major EW.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Well, 1, 5, 7, and especially 9 aren't too bad. Haggling would be far more effective if everyone obeyed Rule 9 above all else! Most stores have a clause that if an item goes on sale within X days of your purchase, they'll refund the difference.

Even Rule 2 isn't a bad idea, per se. Floor models are going to be discounted because they're technically "used" (and were probably abused at some point), so getting rid of it when it's the last piece of that line left is often something you can negotiate with.

However, we're back to Rule 9! More people would get a little bit if they picked their battles better, and didn't turn into screaming EWs when the answer is "No".
        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

I had a look at the front page of her (slow loading) site. I don't mind the stuff where she's apparently going for scamming companies - fair play on that one. What I do mind are those photos of her - are we sure she's not some sort of animatronic model?

Rapscallion

Comment

#8 would make you sound like a whiny little EW. "But you PROOOOOMIIIIISED!" *pout*
            "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Sorry. ANY kind of entitled attitude is an immediate turn off for me. I don't go out of my way for people like that, and in my business I usually do have room for price negotiations.

I'm a salesperson. Any discount I give you generally comes straight out of my paycheck. So you better be nice to me if you expect me to take a hit on my pay.
              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                What I do mind are those photos of her - are we sure she's not some sort of animatronic model?

Rapscallion
                I had to go back to her home page...creepy. I wonder how much she pays for make up and hair products...well...knowing her...she probably pays next to nothing.
                "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I'll second the creepy. Those eyes don't look sane. *shiver*

Comment

The title to that article should be "9 ways you can be an EW". What a twit.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                      Sorry. ANY kind of entitled attitude is an immediate turn off for me. I don't go out of my way for people like that, and in my business I usually do have room for price negotiations.

I'm a salesperson. Any discount I give you generally comes straight out of my paycheck. So you better be nice to me if you expect me to take a hit on my pay.
                      People like that expect everyone to work for free and not make any money (but I'm willing to bet that they're the first person to jack up their prices as high as they possibly can go and not give anyone an inch of negotiation room).

They think "Well, if it cost YOU $5 then it's unfair to charge me more than $5". Yet then charge $50 thinking "Well, I need to make some money from this".

People like that should be living in the southern USA... before the civil war. They tend to think that people being forced to work for free (which she is insinuating in her article) is slavery.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
                      X