X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows your geography?

Linkyclicky!

I got Egypt, Turkey, Israel and Palestine right. The rest..... yeah well I didn't have to take geography in high school so I'm not surprised!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

I could get about a third of them. I took a geography class in college as a core credit, but I'm horrible at memorizing things, so I just barely squeaked by in the class. I could only really ever get Europe and North and Central America. :P

Comment

took me a couple of times for bahrain ... i knew it was an island but didnt remember which one.

the others... (though keeping in mind it gets easier with less choices on the map)
      got the following on the first try... saudi, egypt, israel, iraq, jordan, quatar, chad, oman, niger,

i feel bad about not getting the UAE on the first try tho. i mean i've even been there about 4 times... heh

Comment

Some parts of North Africa I got pretty good, but some I was rusty at like Azerbaijan and Yemen. Last time I took geography was in my freshman year of high school. It was optional, but I took it anyway since I liked the subject...I'm a nerd like that.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

All but:
          Algeria (I thought that was in south-east Europe?)
          Chad
          Mali
          Maruitania
          Niger
          Tunsia
          Western Sahara

(Yeah, I don't know my African countries that well)
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I did the opposite--got most of Africa, missed a lot of the Middle East.
            Enjoy my latest stupid quest for immortality. http://1001plus.blogspot.com/

Comment

Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Egypt, UAE. Omen, Yemen, Morocco, and a bunch of others I got. Maybe forgot 1/3 of them.
              "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Algeria (I thought that was in south-east Europe?)
                maybe you're thinking of Albania

Comment

I got all of them except for Bahrain until the very end. I didn't realize that tiny spot was a island.

The SO's mother goes out to the middle east a lot. And he used to live in Egypt so you kinda pick up a few things.
                  Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    maybe you're thinking of Albania
                    Yep.

(filler)
                    Quote Dalesys:
                    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

I got about 1/3 to maybe half...completely messed up the stans though. I don't like them >.<
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I got them all right except initially for Bahrain (Qatar appears like an island, but it's a peninsula!!) I also got a couple of the former Soviet "'stans" mixed up.
                        Testing
                        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I got about half of them right before I'm down to just complete guessing, but some of those were 3rd or 4th try. I knew the vague part of the world, but just not which particular outline.

Comment

Working...
                          X