This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You For Being a Friend

Man. First Estelle now Bea. Dorothy's sarcasm and wit was the backbone of the show for me.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/TV/0...rss_topstories

I saw that a little while ago. I can't believe Bea has left us. What an amazing woman she was, and what a talent.

Comment

Bea Arthur

Link

At age 86, Bea Arthur has passed away. RIP

I always loved the cameo on Malcolm In The Middle

Comment

aw... that sucks
        i always liked her character on golden girls
        it reminded me of mom cos she played such a strong character

Comment

RIP Bea Arthur.

Condolences to her family.

Comment

Wow. That's sad.

I saw the thread title and immediately started singing.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

First the theme song was in my head, then I read the post and I was sad.

These people are not allowed to die, 'cause I said so! (As if I have any power in that way...but...)
              1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
              -----
              http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Merged both threads . . . . seemed more appropriate.

And yes, I did see that as soon as my Yahoo page came on. While I wasn't a fan of the Golden Girls, I remember Bea as Maude Finley back in the 1970's (yeah, I'm old. So what?)

How many of you remember the show "Maude?" She was such a pistol.

She will be missed by many.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

And yes, I did see that as soon as my Yahoo page came on. While I wasn't a fan of the Golden Girls, I remember Bea as Maude Finley back in the 1970's (yeah, I'm old. So what?)

How many of you remember the show "Maude?" She was such a pistol.
                  Maude the uber-liberal and Archie the arch-conservative are probably going at it right now in the Big Political Debate In The Sky.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    Maude the uber-liberal and Archie the arch-conservative are probably going at it right now in the Big Political Debate In The Sky.
                    So true, so very true.

Comment

The Musical "Mame" (based on the play/movie "Auntie Mame") had Bea Arthur in it. She was fabulous! That's what I remember her in (besides "The Golden Girls"). I've never seen "Maude".

Comment

I saw that and couldn't believe it.
                        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

now i have that song in my head
                          the theme song

Comment

RIP Bea..... *lights a candle and plays Golden Girls theme song*
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                              These people are not allowed to die, 'cause I said so!
                              I second this. One of the (many) things that really pisses me off is that all the cool people die off while the assbags live to be like 200+ years old. Fuck that shit, let's start cleaning the gene pool a little here!
                              ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Working...
                              X