This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Swine Flu Stupidity

The stupidity of this woman made my head hurt.

http://www.kcci.com/health/19335954/detail.html

This woman went to work this Wednesday while she was sick and had visited Mexico last week.

Unbelievable! Because unless you have been living under a ROCK everyone by now has heard of the Swine Flu that has recently been responsible for deaths in Mexico.

This woman's inability to put two and two together is rediculous!

Reaenactment of Stupid Woman on Wednesday morning: Hmmm, let's see I've heard countless news stories of Swine Flu that's killed some people in Mexico. I myself just got back from Mexico. I have a terrible cough and sneezing. I think I'll go to work today anyway.

STUPID WOMAN!!! THEY HAD TO SHUT DOWN THE WHOLE COURTHOUSE BECAUSE OF YOU! I HOPE YOU GET WRITTEN UP FOR IT! YOU COULD HAVE SPREAD DEADLY SWINE FLU TO HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE. WHEN THEY TELL YOU ON THE NEWS THAT IF YOU HAVE FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS TO STAY HOME, THEN STAY THE HELL HOME!!

the article said she was feeling sick before she went to mexico... I'm just wondering... she probably shouldn't have gone there sick, but it might have been before the flu story hit the news too.

plus, having a cough and sneezing isn't always a flu. Heck I have multiple sneezes on a daily basis. ... though even before swine flu hit the news, i've had co-workers yell at me "don't you dare get me sick!" (the irony being that i wasn't sick at all... it was just my allergies saying, "hi!")

as for everyone closing down... I think most public buildings are being extra careful... someone has a flu (any kind) and they just want to shut down to make sure no one gets sick. cos ... if that sickness *did* turn out to be swine flu, someone would probably blame them for remaining open (etc)

Though my teacher in calc pointed out the other day, "This is why you wash your hands!"
    Last edited by PepperElf; 05-01-2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I'm still of the opinion that the Swine Flu is being blown out of proportion. It's about as contagious as the normal flu. Symptoms are the exact same as the regular flu, but a little worse. People die from the regular flu every year. The media is just having a field day with this so they can get more viewers.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

the main difference tho is that the regular flu shot doesn't work against it.
        so yeah wash your handz0rz!

Comment

My mother, brother, and sister all have swine flu.

Just fyi.

I hope my 16 month old daughter doesn't get it. Or me, for that matter.

*sigh* I'm dependent on my mother for her vehicle (mine broke down 4 states away, and I couldn't afford to fix it so I left it) so I have to be around her to get to school, work, get my child from daycare, etc.

Meep!

Comment

Quoth SorryIsGoodEnough View Post
            My mother, brother, and sister all have swine flu.

Just fyi.

I hope my 16 month old daughter doesn't get it. Or me, for that matter.

*sigh* I'm dependent on my mother for her vehicle (mine broke down 4 states away, and I couldn't afford to fix it so I left it) so I have to be around her to get to school, work, get my child from daycare, etc.

Meep!
            Im sorry to hear that!! It is very similar to the regular flu (symptoms wise), so hopefully they'll all be able to recover swiftly with no complications.

Good Luck.

And Wash them hands!!

Comment

13,000 people have died from flu complications since January. Regular old flu. The lemming behavior of the general populace is amazing.
              Last edited by Big-box-retail-blues; 05-02-2009, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X