X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hula Hula Cocktail

http://www.smallscreennetwork.com/video/126/hula_hula/

Robert Hess is something of a mad genius when it comes to mixology (the bar in the videos there is his HOME bar).

Now, I've mentioned before that I seldom drink, but I find some drink recipes to be interesting, and when I saw this video just a little while ago, I thought it looked good.

Then I remembered that I have a bottle of orange curacao collecting dust, and my father has gin in the back of the pantry, and we've got some good OJ in the fridge, AND an actual cocktail shaker (though one branded by a coffee syrup company), so I decided to whip this up.

*BING!*

Hoo-boy, I know why they call this the "Hula Hula," because after a couple of these, that's what you're gonna be doing!

It also doesn't help that I couldn't find my shot glass, so I had to use an arbitrary container for measuring, and clearly it was way more than 1 ounce. After being watered down by the shaking, I ended up with at least 6 ounces of cocktail, probably closer to eight.

If I start making funny posts later on tonight, you'll know why!

ETA: Did I mention that I seldom drink? Meaning I have no tolerance? That doesn't help either!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 05-01-2009, 04:29 AM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.
Working...
X