X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her parents must be so proud.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/19373165/detail.html
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

40-hour-a-week job and gets straight As while texting that much?
    I think that's actually pretty good.
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Because texting alot is such a big accomplishment.

It's cool that she has a job,works 40 hours a week, and does well in school. Why is that not merit enough? Let's not praise someone for working hard. Let's praise them for texting.

That means she has been texting during work and school. She could get in trouble big time.
      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
        Because texting alot is such a big accomplishment.

It's cool that she has a job,works 40 hours a week, and does well in school. Why is that not merit enough? Let's not praise someone for working hard. Let's praise them for texting.

That means she has been texting during work and school. She could get in trouble big time.
        Yep, but not every job will be so lenient on texting.My job will fire you on the spot if they even see you whip your cellphone out of your holster/purse/bag/pocket on the call center floor.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

According to the article that's 7 txts a minute.

I don't know if that's 7 x "ok" or what, but considering sleep, the job, and school work, that must equate to non-stop texting every single spare second of every day.

I simply cannot fathom how it's possible. I mean, who to? Has she got 500 friends or 5 friends who also send 7 texts a minute? Imagine being on the receiving end of this girl's habit!

I crunched the numbers myself. Assuming 8 hours sleep a night, plus 8 hours work 5 days a week where she can't text (and between work and school that'd have to be at least minimum), that leaves 72 hours a week in which to be texting away. For 300,000 a month, let's say 75000 a week, that's 1,041 every hour. That's over 17 texts every minute.

I'm calling BS on this. I don't think this is even possible.

Comment

I wonder if they're including 1 word texts like "LOL!" or "K, c u"
            Coz honestly, the majority of my texts are less than 20 words...
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Bet you still can't get out one every 3 seconds.

Comment

I'd offer to try, but then my phone bill would be ridiculous

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
                  Bet you still can't get out one every 3 seconds.
                  I can. Oh! Wait. We're talking about texts, right? Never mind.
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

lol
                    Maybe she was using a chat client of some sort??

Comment

With the iPhone you can't mass text. So she has to be doing them one at a time. I have no idea how she is accomplishing this. Are they including just her outgoing or also her incoming texts? Either way...crazy. And not something someone should be praised for.
                      I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
                        With the iPhone you can't mass text.
                        I was going to say, if you send a text to multiple people at the same time, does that count as one text or multiple texts? Seems odd that you wouldn't be able to do that on the iPhone...even my crappy little LG can send to up to 10 people at once.
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          I was going to say, if you send a text to multiple people at the same time, does that count as one text or multiple texts? Seems odd that you wouldn't be able to do that on the iPhone...even my crappy little LG can send to up to 10 people at once.
                          Ok, I looked it up. It looks like the original iPhone didn't have this feature built in, but you could download a third party application that would allow it.

Another site gives instructions for it, but I'm thinking that must be on the newer 3G iPhone, not the original. And according to the directions, it seems more hassle to multi-text then it does to just type it out 10 times.

So, maybe she is mass texting. Either way, I don't know how this kid possibly works or keeps her straight A's. Or it could be that she has no social life outside of her text messaging...I can't see how you can possibly be interacting with a group of people if you're constantly texting on the phone. I get massively annoyed when I'm out with people and they whip out their phones every two seconds.
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Either she's texting at school and work or she can text really really fast. Seriously though who cares? I mean yeah a full time job and straight A's and texting that often. That's pretty impressive. But still it's not news worthy.

Comment

Working...
                            X