This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bollards to everyone!

Manchester in the UK (the original one) recently installed some retractable bollards to prevent people from driving their cars on the bus lanes.

Some drivers are more ... eager to use these lanes than others.

http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/...t=true&fs=true

Rapscallion

whoa! That's crazy - the one guy broke his windshield with his head!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

How do those things work, does the bus emit a signal to lower the bollards?

Are there signs warning of these things, or saying "Buses Only"? If there are, and the idiots ignore them, that's an expensive lesson in following the directions. Hopefully, nobody will try it twice!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The out of focus signs to the left and right of the bollards are "No Entry" and the wording beneath is probably "Busses and Authorised Vehickes Only". I've seen comments elswhere saying that there can't throw a stone without hitting a warning sign. Everyone hit by those bollards is bus chasing trying to get round the restriction.

A lot of busses here have radio location tags so the bus stops can display an estimated time to next bus. Just need to put a receiver in the right place to get the "I'm a bus" signal and down go the bollards.
        Last edited by rvdammit; 11-11-2006, 09:09 PM. Reason: Forgot radio tag explanation
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

I could sit and watch them do that all day. I would love to see that in the states somewhere. I could hear it now, and there would probably be a lot of lawsuits cause everyone would claim that they didn't see the signs.
          Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Me too - it's a guilty pleasure.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

I would do anything to have those at the arena, they would actually make my job easier. It's very funny to watch also.
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

sooo funny. Especially the guy who got out of his car, all panicked!
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

That was so funny. Are there any more of those vids up?
                  "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                    Everyone hit by those bollards is bus chasing trying to get round the restriction.
                    yup, they had every intent of trying to zip in behind the bus. No sympathy for any of these people.
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I say let em in, just dont let em out the other end
                      "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
                      "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
                      Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Working...
                      X