X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook Shields' Mother Taken from Nursing Home

Tabloid Reporters Take Brook Shields' Mother from Nursing Home

I think this is appalling that the nursing home didn't even question it. I hope they get investigated by the state!
    My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Certainly qualifies as kidnapping to me.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
      Perhaps, it depends on how the state of New Jersey defines the offense. . .

In any event I hope Brooke sues the facility and the two "reporters." If that had been MY mother I'd be raising Hell from now until the end of time after I found another facility for her to live in.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        While I fully agree and most states would side with that....

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
        Perhaps, it depends on how the state of New Jersey defines the offense. . .
        When I lived in NJ the laws actually gave MORE protection to criminals (alleged AND convicted) than the victims. Meagan's law there is the weakest version in the country (and that is the state where Meagan Kenkis (sp?) was kidnapped.

In any event I hope Brooke sues the facility and the two "reporters." If that had been MY mother I'd be raising Hell from now until the end of time after I found another facility for her to live in.
        I fully agree. If I were Brooke I would sue the pants off of the facility and then use that money to put her mother in a good facility. They allowed some strangers to take her mother who has mental issues thus putting her in danger. How do they know who they were? Everyone is extremely lucky it was just a couple of reporters trying to boost their own personal careers (scum) and not someone who had some real malicious intent. What if they held her for ransom? There is no way that facility can be trusted now.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

yeah that's a crappy place if just anyone can walk in, grab a resident, and steal them out

Comment

It's kind of sad. I remember seeing Teri Shields a lot when Brooke was still a kid and she seemed so energetic and VERY protective.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

That's just wrong and if that was a relative of mine this happened to, you'd bet your ass I'd sue the living shit out of that nursing home.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                When I lived in NJ the laws actually gave MORE protection to criminals (alleged AND convicted) than the victims. Meagan's law there is the weakest version in the country (and that is the state where Meagan Kenkis (sp?) was kidnapped.
                Megan Kanka. That was in the next town over from where I lived all my life; I've actually rung up Mrs. Kanka in the bookstore.

What kind of story did they expect to get from an elderly woman with dementia? Those reporters should be arrested and the facility should be thoroughly checked out.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

That is really really low. I'd certainly find another facility, (at the very least!!) as this one seems to be incompetent. Why would you EVER let a person under your care go with strangers, especially one with dementia?!
                  1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                  -----
                  http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'd land all over those "reporters". I'd do everything I could to make sure they were given the maximum amount of prison time (for kidnapping) and fines, and what have you. Deliberately removing a helpless person from a care facility in an attempt to get a story is particularly loathsome. I'd sue the care facility down to the ground, too, but I'd really let loose on those two. Prison, fines, lawsuits... they'd be lucky to get served in a soup kitchen by the time I was done with them.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      What kind of story did they expect to get from an elderly woman with dementia? Those reporters should be arrested and the facility should be thoroughly checked out.
                      The best kind of stories for tabloids.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        What kind of story did they expect to get from an elderly woman with dementia?
                        I'm willing to wager they were fishing for a "My Famous Daughter Abuses Me!" type of story.

Comment

Working...
                        X