This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gilmore Girls "New Season" fakeout by ABC Family

I'm watching "Matilda" and saw this commercial for the channel....about an "all-new" season of Gilmore Girls!

http://abcfamily.go.com/abcfamily/pa...ls/page_Detail

But this is the reality

http://www.gilmoregirlsnews.com/2009...gilmore-girls/

"New" to the station, maybe. But it is NOT new for the show!

Quoth Reyneth View Post
    "New" to the station, maybe. But it is NOT new for the show!
    ugh that is SOOOOO mean

I never understood why they cancelled that show, it was one of the few decent ones on TV!!!!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

if got cancled because it ran its natural course, though i was upset they didnt give us a damned Loralie wedding!!!! Rory or Loralie Loralie!!! I LIKED LUKE AND LOGAN!!! they would have had the multiple L thing!!!

Comment

very misleading
        is that even legal?

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
          ugh that is SOOOOO mean

I never understood why they cancelled that show, it was one of the few decent ones on TV!!!!
          The creator and original producer, Amy Sherman-Palladino only ever intended for there to be seven seasons - ending with Rory's graduation. She left the show at the end of the 6th season over "creative differences." Towards the middle of the 7th season there was talks of an 8th or even just a 1/2 season but after filming was done and before the last episode aired, it had been decided that that was it.

Some blamed Lauren Graham, but she had said all along she wouldn't do it without Alexis and Alexis wasn't ready to commit. Add to the extreme exhaustion both of them were dealing with (they would film 6-7 days/week) they said it was time to be done. (I read that stuff just last night when looking to see if there really was a new season.)

I loved the ending it came to and while I would be thrilled for more of the Girls, I wouldn't want to ruin the final episode. I was glad Rory ended things with Logan, I know I'm probably in a minority for that. But Lorelai is one of my top "potential names" for a girl in the future and I just re-watched all 7 seasons on DVD again ending last week. My Tuesday nights have not been the same!

Comment

Working...
          X