• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britains got talent - semifinalists announced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qALMi...e=channel_page

i've been addicted to watching this every saturday lol

i don't suppose americans can vote can we?... I can call via skype
    Last edited by PepperElf; 05-24-2009, 04:36 AM.

Yay all my favorites made it through!! That makes me happy.

Comment

I watched Susan's performance. She was obviously--and justifiably--nervous. Did not start off well, but she really pulled it together at the climax of the song.

She does those very well.

And what an appropriate song! Memory was a great choice.

And I'm STILL expecting Simon to propose. XD Any day now...
      Last edited by HorrorFrogPrincess; 05-25-2009, 04:20 AM.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

She needs a lot of work though.

Fantastic singer. Absolutely outright AWESOME singer.

Completely boring stage presence. No personality whatsoever. She doesn't 'own' the song. She comes across as singing the words someone else writes. Which is, let's face it, exactly what she's doing. But she could be so much more if she moved a little, emoted, made the emotions and the power of the song her own.

Still think she's gonna win though - deservedly so. Just ... she needs a lot of work before I'd pay money to watch her perform though.

Comment

I'm with Fang on this. Most of the acts there were pretty dire. Darth Jackson? Seen similar done better on Youtube. Cutest kid in the world? Seen that, bought the T-shirt, using it as a rag right now. The dancers weren't bad. Violinist who kicked out her best friend to try to succeed? Technically great (though I tried listening with my eyes closed and it sounded like a recording), but the movement around wasn't even remotely entertaining.

Boyle? Memory - very overdone song. She couldn't do the early bit properly, and her tempo was badly off. Some words too long, others too short. Only really came to it when she was able to blast the last part out.

As my chum said (I don't own a TV and only saw it because of his mancrush on Ant and Dec), though, we have to remember that these are amateurs - often with minimal training and preparation.

Rapscallion
          Last edited by Rapscallion; 05-25-2009, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I haven't watched the clip, but I doubt I'd enjoy the performance because I despise Andrew Lloyd Webber with a fiery, undying passion! Quit screwing up musical theatre - we don't need your overdone, overblown, crappy, melodramatic musicals!!!! *blech*

There are so many other, better, torch songs in the musical theatre canon.
            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I personally think that everything Amanda says tonight should be struck off as she's clearly in a big strop with Simon for calling her out on her not paying attention to the acts.

Comment

Oh, I'm with PepperElf. I wish I could vote, too. I did see where Simon has already signed her and is working on an album. I'll get a copy, even if I have to order it from overseas!

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                I haven't watched the clip, but I doubt I'd enjoy the performance because I despise Andrew Lloyd Webber with a fiery, undying passion! Quit screwing up musical theatre - we don't need your overdone, overblown, crappy, melodramatic musicals!!!! *blech*

There are so many other, better, torch songs in the musical theatre canon.
                Look past the song. I'm not surprised that she sang "Memory." It was sung by Grizabella, a role that was originated by Elaine Page who happens to be Ms. Boyle's idol.

I would have been surprised if she hadn't hit a few off notes due to nerves. Hell, Pavarotti's voice broke during one of his later performances. I've heard many an off note at the Santa Fe Opera, too.

That being said, I really wish she'd do "Cry Me a River." In the clip on YouTube, she sings it like the torch song it's supposed to be. Even though it's Mr. Weber, she also does a hell of a job with "I Don't Know How to Love Him".
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth PizzaDrone View Post
                  I personally think that everything Amanda says tonight should be struck off as she's clearly in a big strop with Simon for calling her out on her not paying attention to the acts.
                  not to mention amanda buzzed the belly dancer.
                  i didn't see anything wrong in the performance, except that amanda looked a little jealous.
                  (I'm starting to think... Amanda accuses Simon of going with his hormones, but I'm starting to think she votes with her libido more than he ever did)

as for susan...
                  i'm a bit tired of Memory, but with some work I'm sure she'll be able to do more complex songs. She herself said what I thought... that she started out weak, but then got stronger Apparently however she had a cold, which can make a difference.

my own personal preferences... I want Susan to win with Jamie Pugh directly in second. Actually I'd rather have them both win & do a duet, but I don't think the show will allow that

dammit. No Jamie Pugh. I hope he keeps singing though. Sure he had a rough performance but I think he can make a career of it still
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 05-26-2009, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I really hope he does...I love his voice. I want to hear him and Susan do a duet. Think it would be lovely. Although I did thoroughly enjoy Shaun's performance. He's yummy.
                    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

jamie didn't make it. amanda even buzzed him.

maybe it's pms but... yeah i even mentally called amanda a bitch after that

Comment

I could understand what they were saying...but Simon just shot down any chance of him breaking out of that shell of his now, I think.
                        My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Am sure The Sun newspaper (or at least the web site) ran a thing about Jamie where it was revealed he'd been a part of a West End Show, but that might have been alongside other people, which would explain his solo nervousness. Amanda was a real bitch for buzzing him, talk about making a bad situation worse.

Flawless and Diversity for me so far!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                            not to mention amanda buzzed the belly dancer.
                            i didn't see anything wrong in the performance, except that amanda looked a little jealous.
                            Um, she didn't actually belly dance in it. It was pretty much a strip tease without the stripping, and the music choise was deliberate.

"Voulez vous se coucher avec moi se soir?" Blatant.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                              "Voulez vous se coucher avec moi se soir?"
                              *ahem*

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?

Which, literally only means "Would you like to lay down with me tonight?" Pffft. Throw a foutre in there and I'll reconsider.
                              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                              X