Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's episode was very uncomfortable to watch for a certain act, very uncomfortable indeed and I think there'll be some sort of backlash against the show for it.

Comment

And for those of us in other nations who only have youtube to go on that would be ....?

Comment

Sorry, was the performance of the 10 year old girl, Holly Steel (sp?) where she broke down into tears and a tantrum to get herself another go. Very uncomfortable to watch Ant and Dec comforting her while her mother is starting to plead with Simon for another go.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijt3VpTzXb0

This is the performance PizzaDrone is referring to.
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Hang on, this thread started a week ago with semifinalists announced, and it's over already? What'd they do - have an episode every night? Thought it was a weekly show?

Comment

yeah they even have a winner already.

I'll wait to say anything about it, to let others catch up.

but yeah they did a show each night for the semi finalists... and from each show they picked one from popular vote, and the judges got to pick a second person from the second and third place people.

i saw the video of her crying... eh, i can't fault her for crying. she's 10. sure she's suppose to be a star but that doesn't always turn them into miniature adults. now if she was 20 and acting like that i'd have an issue with it.

but heh... simon is a softie for the kids. won't buzz them even. i remember seeing an audition where piers buzzed a child who burst into tears afterwards. simon gave him a death glare... could tell he was thinking, "wtf is wrong with you?".

Comment

I agree with you re: Hollie - she must have felt tremendous pressure and she really wasn't ready for it. Even ice skaters and gymnasts who may be on a National or International stage by the age of 12-14 slowly work their way up.

Even without her lapse/breakdown though her first performance was much better.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  but heh... simon is a softie for the kids. won't buzz them even. i remember seeing an audition where piers buzzed a child who burst into tears afterwards. simon gave him a death glare... could tell he was thinking, "wtf is wrong with you?".
                  No he doesn't, I've seen him destroy children too.

He seems to like breasts though... >.>

Though I will say the act that won was the one that should have. So <3

Comment

And now Susan is apparently in a mental health facility. Poor woman, I really feel for her. She went from practically being a hermit to being on the worldwide news, paparazzi following her everywhere....it's bound to cause a lot of stress. I hope she recovers quickly.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I've got that Transvision Vamp song running through my head - Born to be Sold. Anyone else?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                        And now Susan is apparently in a mental health facility. Poor woman, I really feel for her. She went from practically being a hermit to being on the worldwide news, paparazzi following her everywhere....it's bound to cause a lot of stress. I hope she recovers quickly.
                        yes she is, but you have to guess that kind of instant fame without much support at home would make you slightly frazzled

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                          No he doesn't, I've seen him destroy children too.
                          oh? i haven't seen those yet
                          any links?

Comment

Quoth artifical sweetner View Post
                            yes she is, but you have to guess that kind of instant fame without much support at home would make you slightly frazzled
                            Sometimes, those places look very attractive. I think it's working with all the nuts we all have to deal with on a daily basis.

I can't blame the poor woman for needing a rest. Two months ago, nobody knew her and now the whole world does. Any normal person is, quite understandably, is going to freak out a bit. I found this to be one of the more balanced reports of what's going on with her. http://www.scotsman.com/latestnews/S...ope.5323360.jp
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                            X