This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you have done?

What do you do when the bank accidentally credits you with 10 million dollars?

You skip the country and flee, that's what.

I would let the bank know. I couldn't handle life on the run.

Comment

yeah, I'd let them know as well. When the bank finds out the error, they WILL get the money back and will maintain any charges criminal charges filed until they get all the money back, plus interest.
      I AM the evil bastard!
      A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I'm pretty sure the law on accidentally giving someone something is that it's theirs, so if it was cash deposited, it would legally be theirs to keep.

But this was a loan available to draw down balance, which means it was always only a loan anyway. Kinda different.

Me? I was talking to hubby and said that if this particular bank accidentally gave me $10m, I'd fight all the way to keep it, then donate the entire lot to the rescue helicopter service they sponsor. I think that'd be funny.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
          I'm pretty sure the law on accidentally giving someone something is that it's theirs, so if it was cash deposited, it would legally be theirs to keep.
          Precidence does not favor that one-fang. People that have taken the money HAVE gone to jail and were forced to pay it off.

This article pretty much says it all.
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
            Precidence does not favor that one-fang. People that have taken the money HAVE gone to jail and were forced to pay it off.

This article pretty much says it all.
            You mean we don't actually get to collect £200?

Comment

I cant find the article or the guys webpage (manly because im lazy) but remember the days when you would get a huge check in the mail, like 50k , but it was not a real check.
              Well one guy deposited that check into his back acct and the bank put the money in his account. He withdrew it and I think didnt spend any or very little. He wanted to prove a point.
              It turned into a huge battle because he wouldnt return the money until the bank formally stated that they made a mistake and he was not a criminal. It took awhile but the bank admitted to their error and he gave the money back.

I think thats when some new 'laws' or 'policies' were made.

ah here is the link
              http://www.goodthink.com/writing/vie...d=11&page_id=2
              Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Working...
              X