This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police try to arrest EMT driving ambulance

For failure to yield, resisting arrest and obstructing a police officer. While the guy with the camera's mother is in the back of the ambulance.

Power trip anyone???

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=777326
    Last edited by LillFilly; 05-29-2009, 01:23 PM.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I wonder if that cop would do that if that was the cop's mother in the back being rushed to the hospital.

Comment

I hope they throw the book at that cop. There was no reason at all for him to pull over the EMT and put him in a choke hold.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

At one point in the hospital, the trooper told the paramedic that he was so enraged about the perceived “flipping off” gesture that he considered pulling his gun out and using deadly force, according to the paramedic’s transport report.
        This man does NOT need to be holding a gun.

Paramedic's official statement

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_force
        and something that man needs to review. In the military before they let you handle a firearm, you HAVE to memorize this word for word.
        Deadly force is the force in which a person uses for the purpose of causing, or that a person knows or should know would create a substantial risk of causing, death or serious bodily harm. The use of Deadly Force is justified only under conditions of extreme necessity as a last resort, when all lesser means have failed or cannot reasonably be employed.

Deadly Force can only be employed under one or more of the following conditions:
        Self defense or the defense of others.
        Defense of assets involving national security.
        Defense of assets not involving national security, but inherently dangerous to others.
        Protection of public health or safety.
        Prevention of serious offenses against persons.
        Arrest or apprehension.
        Criminal escapes.
        "I thought he flipped me off!" is not on the list.

In fact Wikipedia doesn't have the other important factor listed: The Deadly Force Triangle. Opportunity, intent and capability. If one of those is missing, deadly force will not be justified.

In fact... to me, even threatening or suggesting it while you're in possession of a weapon is grounds for arrest.
        Last edited by PepperElf; 05-29-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing the officer in this case joined the police force just so he could push people around without needing an excuse...

Comment

Or like the one cop in my hometown with a personal vendetta against my family.....he was a spoiled rotten little rich kid that everyone picked on (one of my cousins especially loved tormenting him, and two of my female cousins wouldn't go out with him) so he grew up to be a big bad cop. And now he's the sheriff of that county.

So glad I don't live there anymore! The one time he gave me a smoking fine and told me "You Blasenheimers are all nothing but trouble!" I seriously contemplated punching him.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If I didn't see it, I wouldn't believe it. Oo

What the hell is wrong with this guy? You can't be serious and PULL OVER AN ****** AMBULANCE!?
              http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
              Melody Gardot

Comment

I think I would have been more skeptical had I not seen the video, and also from seeing a similar video where a police officer tries to arrest the fire chief at a roadside accident, while the chief is tending to the guy on the stretcher! For what? For parking the fire truck so it created a safe-zone so moving vehicles would not hit the emergency workers. Wow.
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

At the risk of playing the race card on behalf of the paramedic, it may be that the only reason they were trying to arrest the non-driving paramedic was because he was black and talking to the invincible white highway patrolman.

If these officers aren't fired, there is no hope for humanity.
                  Last edited by Nurian; 05-30-2009, 04:39 PM. Reason: Clarification
                  I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
                  X