Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally - a celebrity with a dog that is NOT an accessory.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally - a celebrity with a dog that is NOT an accessory.

I've always said I'll respect any public figure who flaunts their non-accessory dog.

I now respect Eva Mendes

http://www.celebritydogwatcher.com/c...es/eva-mendes/

Yes, that's a working line malinois.

I'm sick of these people who get toy breeds as accessories because Paris Hilton has one and shows it off all over.

Quit being lemmings and get a REAL DOG!!!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

And she actually LIKES her dog. I support anyone who gives their dog KISSIES! Double points for liking big dogs, not just those little purse poopers.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Yep and you can tell he loves her too. In that picture - his ears are all the way back (commonly known as in the breed as "seal head"). While in many breeds that's a sign of confrontation / agression / dominance, in the malinois it's a sign of very high levels of affection.

He also looks like he's working lines so he probably has a very high level of drive and energy - he wouldn't be easy for just anyone - either someone who is very experienced with dogs or has a great trainer (someone who not only trains the dogs but also trains the people).

There is clearly a close bond between the dog and his two people.

I would have LOVED to see the Obamas get a shepherd but I know it might not be the best for his daughters (expesically with the allergies).
      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

heh. yeah there's a few out there with real dogs

here's another one...
        http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6L1zPW0YW7...h/DSC_1872.JPG

4.bp.blogspot.com/_6L1zPW0YW7k/Sh6UTtv52oI/AAAAAAAASAI/lR8gfF-QHj8/s1600-h/DSC_1872.JPG
        =)

Comment

I want to see one walk the red carpet with their real dog - since Paris is alowed to bring in her accessories..

Pepper - I'm assuming that's a lab (mix?)? I'll accept that one as a real dog.
          Quote Dalesys:

Comment

I also love the fact that she adopted her dog from a shelter.

Comment

Hey! I like pocket sized pooches!

I never carried Pablo around in my purse. Only time he rode in any sort of bag was when we had to smuggle him in and out of Ex's apartment. I was well aware that he was a dog.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I wonder if there's a celeb with a Schipperke out there. I'm happy that for once a celeb got REAL dogs to love not to use as arm and eye candy.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  Yep and you can tell he loves her too. In that picture - his ears are all the way back (commonly known as in the breed as "seal head"). While in many breeds that's a sign of confrontation / agression / dominance, in the malinois it's a sign of very high levels of affection.
                  I think that doggie grin also shows how happy he is ...

Very handsome dog.
                  EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                    Pepper - I'm assuming that's a lab (mix?)? I'll accept that one as a real dog.
                    http://www.neilgaiman.info/Dog

wow. apparently Cabal is a real dog. Neil found him on the side of the road

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                      I wonder if there's a celeb with a Schipperke out there. I'm happy that for once a celeb got REAL dogs to love not to use as arm and eye candy.
                      I'd even take that as a real dog, not only are they not that popular, they're mini Belgians!
                      Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Working...
                      X