This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE MOST INSANE THING I HAVE EVER SEEN

i know this is off topic for this forum but i think everybody reads this sub forum more than the others so thats why i posted it here, i cant belive people, this goes beyond any rational thing i can think off. my brain has exploded from trying to wrap around the ides of doing this. and yes it has to do with a ps3 http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-3-PS...QQcmdZViewItem

note- now that i look at it, this cant be real people bidding anymore, its too crazy to be believe so i choose not too, anymore.
    Last edited by NightAngel; 11-17-2006, 05:31 PM. Reason: No need for 2nd post- use the EDIT button.

Winning bid: Ninety-nine million nine hundred and ninety-nine thousand nine hundred and ninety-nine dollars. It'll probably take some digging to get down to anything close to a serious offer.
    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

As of 8:53am EST, he's got 134 bids.

WTF?
      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

This is indeed insane, but I doubt the winning bid will be collected (please note sarcasm).

And this is just the tip of the video game iceberg. I'm sure we're in for some really messed up SC stories in the next month and a half.

Ah, apparently people are being robbed and shot. I kind of figured this would happen.

Lovely.
        Last edited by NightAngel; 11-17-2006, 05:33 PM. Reason: 2nd post not needed: use EDIT button
        ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

I just can't believe that ANYONE would actually pay that! I can't. It can't be real...
          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I thought the whole auction was a joke, but then I saw his opening bid was set at $150.

Obviously at least a few bidders are fed up with this kind of crap scheme.
            "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
            .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

The PS3 won't live up to the hype once the bugs come out. They rushed it. The Wii is going to be far nicer (and less expensive) than the PS3. I'll be gettin' myself one for Christmas this year.
              Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
              "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
              "The queue is..."

Comment

Quoth Depot Denizen View Post
                The Wii is going to be far nicer (and less expensive) than the PS3.
                I tried one at Gamestop last niught when I went in to replace my DS, it's well worth it.
                Last edited by NightAngel; 11-17-2006, 05:28 PM. Reason: No Need To Qoute Entire Post- And For Clarity.

Comment

What I don't get is this gotta-have-it-first mentality. Who gives a ratzazz? I'm just as big a geek as the next guy, but this really boggles.

Mean old me is kind of hoping that there will be some huge unforeseen defect or glitch in the first wave of PS3 consoles.
                  ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Well, there are already glitches. The backwards compatability simply isn't. I'm sure there will be bugs that pop up this weekend. The only thing I'd love to get my hot little hands on are the new DirectX 10 GeForce cards...GeForce 8800 GTX...
                    Gun control is hitting your target; recycling is reloading your brass.
                    "It's not our fault the Business School makes you buy those crappy Gateways!"
                    "The queue is..."

Comment

I looked at a couple of those auctions while I was over there. Funny how none of them actually show the seller holding the PS3 box...

I never buy the new game systems when they first come out. If you wait a year you get at least three distinct advantages.

1. Everyone who just HAD to have one NOW has helped work out the serious bugs. In a year the system will be much more reliable and I don't have to deal with the frustration.

2. The price will drop- maybe even by half.

3. Larger selection of games.

Right now I just want a plain old XBOX. I am suffering from KOTOR withdrawl in a serious way.

Oh... and yeah... one of the new GeForce cards for my computer would be AWESOME!!!
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

I just wanted to point something out though . . . if you check the bid history on the auction, a lot of the higher up bidders are no longer a registered user. So every one of the more expensive bids is either a fraud or actual people and they just lost their account. And every one of them has super low feedback, either 40 or less - mostly 1's and 0's. The highest feedback rating was 189.

Plus, could you imagine the eBay fees on an auction like that???!!!
                        Last edited by karma_gypsy; 11-17-2006, 11:10 PM. Reason: Sorry, keep thinking of more things to add!
                        This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                        X