Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See when I hear the name Conrad I think of that dickhead bald guy from CSI that used to give Grisson a hard time.
    I forgot about that guy. But our kid is named after two literary figures, Joseph Conrad and Conrad Aiken.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

What is the deal with people creating new spellings for baby names? Or adding Y's in place of I's or E's (Mackynzy, etc.). I don't know why but it drives me up a wall.

Feel sorry for the kids with weird names, not just strange spellings, but weird names in general. Anyone remember the family who named their son like Adolf Hitler something-something?
      --Kim--

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.” Philip K. Dick

Comment

Quoth CSR Kim View Post
        What is the deal with people creating new spellings for baby names? Or adding Y's in place of I's or E's (Mackynzy, etc.). I don't know why but it drives me up a wall.

Feel sorry for the kids with weird names, not just strange spellings, but weird names in general. Anyone remember the family who named their son like Adolf Hitler something-something?
        That and there was a kid....and I shit you not you can google this, the kid's name was: Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. There was even this couple that wanted to name their kid 4Real and Superman. How the blue fuck these parents come up with these crazy ass names is beyond me.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth CSR Kim View Post
          Don't get me started on those--especially those faux African names that seem so popular.
          Every other name is a crap shot on pronounciation and spelling...If there is just one letter off (i.e. does not match the spelling on the Social Security card), the IRS will kick them back.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Former president of my college - Seymor Hyman. Not joking.

Former client at when I worked in MA - Delight Cox (and this was her birth name according to her birth cert.)
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I've had classes with several James Bonds.
              My mother used to have a coworker Rob A. Baunk (pronounce bank)
              My father was Ralph Allen (last name starting with a G)
              so he had the initials RAG
              I told my mother she should have named me Fabio Antonio
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                Former president of my college - Seymor Hyman.
                At least he avoided the cliche gynecologist career. The number of "Foot/Foote" names in podiatry, Paine/Hertz/etc. in dentistry, and so forth makes you wonder sometimes.

Comment

I used to work with a guy that was named Cleveland Brown. Great guy and funny as hell
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                    That and there was a kid....and I shit you not you can google this, the kid's name was: Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. There was even this couple that wanted to name their kid 4Real and Superman. How the blue fuck these parents come up with these crazy ass names is beyond me.
                    Speaking of Superman, the actor Nicholas Cage (and his 3rd or 4th wife - whichever number he's on with the current one) named their son: Kal-el.

Comment

Working...
                    X