X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oo Free book :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Brother

I just found this on iTunes as a free podcast, read by Sir Ian McKellan.

no idea if it's any good... i'm going to save it for a road trip i have coming up very soon.

i just figure...
    1) it's free
    2) Sir Ian is awesome.

=)

If you like free audiobooks, give podiobooks.com a shot. Everything there is free to download, and payment to the authors is whatever you want it to be, should you decide to do so.

The only downside that I've found is that they come in as MP3's and iTunes doesn't classify them as audiobooks, but either music, or podcasts. I have to convert them to m4b format with a converter so that my iPod plays them right.

Edit: That, and waiting for each episode to come out... (grumble grumble, waiting for 2 years for Secret World Chronicles book two to finish, mumble bitch bitch)

Eric the Grey
    Last edited by Eric the Grey; 06-19-2009, 09:17 PM.
    In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

BAH! Get my hopes up and everything. Free book, of course I come running.

Audiobooks ain't books. They're movies without pictures. I zone out too easily to listen to someone read for hours, I'd miss something important, and have no clue when I missed it
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Ever since I got my iPod and hooked it up to the stereo in my truck, I've listened to audio books while I'm driving. Radio is too repetitive, and I have no time to actually read a book except for school books during my school terms, so it's basically my only outlet.

Plus, I've found I can read a lot of books I'd never have been able to stick with otherwise. I enjoy Science Fiction, but never could stick with it to read. Listening to it works out very well for me.

Eric the Grye
        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Just listened to Wolf Brother today and ... ohhh i loved it.

I may go out and buy the whole trilogy - it's on sale until august for 14.99 i think. tho that might be pounds instead of dollars. i'll have to check online

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          BAH! Get my hopes up and everything. Free book, of course I come running.

Audiobooks ain't books. They're movies without pictures. I zone out too easily to listen to someone read for hours, I'd miss something important, and have no clue when I missed it
          for me it's just the opposite. when i read a book i sometimes skip ahead and miss vital parts. the audio books force me to go through the entire story. (provided i don't fall asleep). oh but i only listen to unabridged.

Comment

I listen to them at work, helps keep me from making dumb moves on reading addresses because I'm not zoning out on reading address/name/deliver/addres/name/deliver

Comment

Working...
            X