Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow this is getting more publicity and outrage than when our former VP shot a HUMAN!

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      Must be a presidential thing. Obama gets in trouble for killing one and Clinton got in trouble for openning his.
      Sorry, but this deserves a . It's a good thing, Sheldon.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth SilverOrb View Post
        When push comes to shove... I think the Pres went a lil overboard calling for a closeup of his kill... But he is only human...
        Wait, he called for a close up? I gotta say, to me, that's pure gold, sense of humour-wise. "Hey nation! Check out bugguts!"
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
          Wow this is getting more publicity and outrage than when our former VP shot a HUMAN!
          QFT

Laura (Welch) Bush also ran a stop sign - striking another car and killing it's occupant.

Many of our politicians have skeletons in their closets - maybe Obama was just trying to get rid of the flies flying around them.

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
          This is the kind of crap that makes me not want to say I'm a member of peta.There has been many other incidents, but I don't want this to go to fratching so I'll leave it at that.
          I think most people here (or I hope at least) would agree while PETA has a good philosophy (the name says it all - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animal), like so many other organizations, there are some bad eggs and fanatics who take it to the extreme and give the rest a bad name.

You're with friends here, while I may not be a PETA members, I am a card carrying member of the ASPCA - and have been for years (which PETA donates hundreds of thousands of dollars to every year).
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Many of our politicians have skeletons in their closets - maybe Obama was just trying to get rid of the flies flying around them.
            Can't argue with that!

Comment

This isnt a complaint or agreement, just something I read a bit ago from a Peta spokesperson.

Many time when Peta makes these kind of (what some would say silly and/or stupid) complaints against someone or an orgainzation it is not really because they are "upset that the President killed a fly" but it gives them almost free publicity. It makes people more aware of the treatment of animals and just like with certain movies, bad publicity is still publicity.
              Miyon

Seduce, Let Loose, The Vision and The Void - Coil

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain - Blade Runner

Comment

Quoth Miyon View Post
                bad publicity is still publicity.
                I would submit that this is only situationally true, and unfortunately, they're in the habit of making the organization seem like a bunch of whack-a-doodles when they do things like this, no different from the crazy guy who screams doomsday prophecies on the street corner. Every once in a while, they get one right, and good for them, but I wish they'd pick their stands a little more carefully
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I stepped on a moth this morning. Maybe that's why today sucked so much donkey dick.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                    Must be a presidential thing. Obama gets in trouble for killing one and Clinton got in trouble for openning his.

Heh, my Obama-hating aunt is still sending me e-mails about things he is supposedly doing to single-handedly bring down the US. But even she can't argue with him about this action!
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Eh, reading the article I'd have to side with PETA a little on this one. It firstly doesn't suggest they've waged all-out war on him for the travesty of actually killing a poor innocent fly. I think "executive insect execution" is funny.

If he had simply killed it and carried on, yeah sure. But the "I did good" and the zoom in on it thing is glorifying it somewhat. Ooo, ahhh, big man, you can kill a fly.

I don't think the story does either side any favours.

Comment

Obama offends official ombudsman by operating offensive entomology?

Outrageous!
                        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
                          Hey, I'll be the first to admit that I love animals, cows in particular... they taste delicious when properly cooked

OK... really bad joke I'll hide again now
                          cows are cute
                          but i can eat cute

=)

Comment

Working...
                          X