Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Postal Worker adopts cat dropped into mailbox.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Worker adopts cat dropped into mailbox.

The title says it all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_218961.html

ohhhh what a cute kitty...

now... can't say sis and i never put a cat in the mailbox... but it was the one at the end of the driveway, just to prank our mailman and make him laugh. (kitty was fine, was in the box for like 2 minutes)

but putting one in a public box? wtf

Comment

How sad that someone did that but at least it has a happy ending.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

is it possible the cat climbed in there itself?
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
          is it possible the cat climbed in there itself?
          i wish it was, but its a public mailbox, thouse usually have narrow opening that at set far from the original structure, or a heavy door that a tiny kitten cant open

Comment

I guarantee someone dumped her in there, those mailboxes are tall and I doubt a kitten could open the door even if it could climb up to it.

I saw the news story the day it happened and was working at the MSPCA the next day (I thought I'd get a chance to see the cuteness, but she probably hadn't been fully checked out yet).

Glad to hear she got a good home....love her new name
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Postage Due? D'AWWW! Such a sweet looking kitty. I'm glad she wasn't put in there on a Sunday! She might've been a goner.
              "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Those mail boxes do get extremely hot when they are full of mail and it's a hot day so your right HFG. I really hope she was put in near pick up time so that the person who did it had a hope that she would be rescued soon.

Comment

Original article

I don't think it was that hot that weekend; a lot would depend if the box was shaded or not. My money is on a gang of kids thinking it was funny...for fark's sake the biggest animal hospital/adoption center in the state isn't too far from that neighborhood.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm glad that kitty got a good home, but I wonder who and why would somebody put her in a mailbox? That kitty is too cute!!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Aw!! She's so cute! I want!
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

itty bitty witty smitty litty kitty

(sorry......my kitty senses went crazy)
                        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                        X