Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Michael Jackson make it #3 this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Mikey.
    I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

I want to cry right now...I still can't believe that MJ is gone! *playing all of his songs on her computer*
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I feel very sorry for his family and children.

RIP Mr Jackson
        I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I think Moonwalker was one of the best films I ever saw. I was never what you would call a "fan" of MJ but he certainly pushed the boundries of music and music videos

It is sad to think that most will only remember his later turbulent years and personal struggles rather than as the mucical icon.

I feel sorry for his kids losing thier father at such a young age.

Be at peace
          "When did you get a gold plated toilet?"
          "We don't have a gold plated toilet"
          "Oh dear, I think I just peed in your Tuba"

-Jasper Fforde

Comment

I will remember him for the music....I was a senior in high school when Thriller came out. The title track has been a favorite of mine around Halloween for years......not to mention other tracks on that album.

And yup I have a vinyl copy too.....

He was eccentric and maybe a little insane but extremely talented.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I've posted too much about this today but one more. Yeah I'm a fan of his music. Thriller has always held an awesome place in my heart and probably the reason I'm a zombie freak. Hell, I did a damned burlesque act to it!

I'm going to miss him for the sheer fact that it's a huge freeken chunk of my childhood.

Now, to find a darned VCR.
              Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

Took care of my sister...she grew up on Michael Jackson, she was crushed. Stayed strong, sent her to our cousin's to swim and spend time with the girls.

Soon as she left, didn't have to keep up the front, puked.

Wrote this part in white because it's a font of incoherent grief-rage. Probably not something most people want to see but if I don't get it out, I'm going to snap so I apologize in advance.

This very damn day two years ago, I was having these same confused emotions over Chris Benoit. Fuck this day. Fuck this day and fuck the deity who thinks it's funny to pull this shit by killing people in the most fucking ignorant stupid way it can possibly come up with. "Hey, let's take this great guy who's a credit to his business and make him a child murderer. Let's take a woman who's as decent as they can come in Hollywood and let her die two days after her boyfriend finally proposes to her. Let's strike down the motherfucking King of Pop in the middle of an average afternoon on some random Thursday, some guy who's working up a comeback to try and regain some kind of dignity in his life and let his heart just go put." FUCK IT! There are not enough goddamn exclamation points in the world to go after that! Fuck it fuck it FUCK IT!

So yeah, I'm going to go wash my face and clean the hell out of my house and pretend nothing else exists right now.
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Mysty? *HUGS* You just said what I couldn't even put into words in my mind. It's not fair. I know I know, life isn't fair. But once in a while, well. You know.

So, *HUGS*

Comment

Like others here, I mourn the passing of Michael Jackson. He had a great talent but he was also very strange.

In his later years, Michael Jackson became the generic human being. You could not tell his age, his race or, indeed, even his gender.

I'm sorry he's gone. He was a sort of Peter Pan but I don't think he was the sort of Peter Pan I would like my children to know.

Rest in Peace, Michael. I hope you will find more peace in the Bosom of Abraham h than you found in life.
                    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

After reading Mysty's post, all I can say is this:

The world's a damn unfair place.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm in awe......I was never a fan personally, I did like his earlier work.....but damn....I'm in my early 30s.....I grew up on his music.

Yes, 100s of people die everyday, and he is just one more, but damn.....(and I don't mean to crass in anyway, I feel terrible for his family and fans. )

Wow.

I just thought he be one of those people who'd be around forever, and we'd only hear about every few years.

**** hugs to all his fans*****
                        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

On the radio they were talking about him only days ago saying that he was practicing for a up and coming concert where people were fighting over him to sponser the show.

I loved the girls dress in Thriller...

Comment

He is #3. Ed McMahon on the 23rd and Farrah and Capt. Mikey today.

I just hope he's now found the peace he was so obviously searching for in this life. His personal life....I had major problems with, but that doesn't negate his great musical contribution.

Some lady on the radio when I was listening this afternoon said this is going to be like JFK, Elvis, Regan, the Challenger, and the Columbia. Do you remember where you were when you heard?

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                            And yup I have a vinyl copy too.....
                            Same here. I think Halloween is the only time that MTV plays a video anymore and it's always this one. Getting Vincent Price was sheer genius.

Quoth Lil Bunny View Post
                            Hell, I did a damned burlesque act to it!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

*cries at Mysty's post*

That's exactly how I feel.

Thank you Mysty for having the words to give to us who don't have words to express ourselves.

May Michael Jackson finally find the peace he was unable to find while on this earth.

RIP MJ

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post

I never showed this. Just remember.

Comment

Working...
                                X