Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Michael Jackson make it #3 this week?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked MJ's music. Still do. Some of it was controversial, some of it was funny, and all of it was catchy and that which I could sing along with. As a person, I don't know how I felt about the media antics surrounding him. Yes, he was eccentric. Yes he did/said things I didn't agree with.

But all in all, he was the king of pop, and iconic in the music community. I do think that while his death is a tragic bit of news, it's not something everyone needs to be constantly focusing on, though. He never really was given peace in life, let the man have peace in death.

And of course, now I've got a lot of his songs stuck in my head. My mom's favorite is Man in the Mirror. I've found myself humming They Don't Really Care About Us off and on all day today.

Comment

I'm having a hard time not giggling at some of MJs songs....thanks to Weird Al!

Especially "Beat It"....<singing> Eat it, eat it, get yourself an egg and beat it!
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        I'm having a hard time not giggling at some of MJs songs....thanks to Weird Al!

Especially "Beat It"....<singing> Eat it, eat it, get yourself an egg and beat it!
        Can't go wrong with "Fat" either.
        "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

I have two things to say about MJ.

They are and .

I really don't know what else TO say.
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Well, apparently, the kid who made the original 1993 child molestation charges is, after 16 years, conveniently recanting his allegations.

http://awkwardstar.wordpress.com/200...chael-jackson/

This totally smacks of attention whoring.

Too little, too late, kid.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post

And assassination attempt on our President isn't important enough to remember?

Not when you're (counts on fingers) 6 months old at the time it happened. At that time I was more interested in pooping than anything else.

Though I should've figured people were talking about his assassination attempt and not his death.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Not when you're (counts on fingers) 6 months old at the time it happened. At that time I was more interested in pooping than anything else.
                Irv, you should have brought me some stewed prunes. Made me feel old again.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                Though I should've figured people were talking about his assassination attempt and not his death.
                I remember watching Reagan's funeral on TV. Didn't have a whole lot else to do. I was sitting in a room on jury duty being bored out of my mind. Had gotten tired of reading and had finally determined that the scales of justice sculpture outside does move.
                It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth dendawg View Post
                  Well, apparently, the kid who made the original 1993 child molestation charges is, after 16 years, conveniently recanting his allegations.

http://awkwardstar.wordpress.com/200...chael-jackson/

This totally smacks of attention whoring.

Too little, too late, kid.
                  Seems to be a fake. The names of father and son are switched, the source (or date/time of press conference) is unnamed, there are misspellings throughout the article, and there's no independent confirmation.

Comment

Working...
                  X