X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Do Cats Attack Mirrors?

Interesting theory.

For around half a second there it looks like the cat is going to go through the mirror.

Comment

My theory is that mirrors don't reflect smells. Cats see another cat but they usually sniff each other to identify friend from stranger. You can't do that with a mirror therefore it's a stranger cat. My first cat would spend way too much time in front of a mirror trying to figure out who the other cat was. She never ran into the mirror though which I suppose is an indicator of some intelligence.

Sort of related, my baby brothers used to do the same thing except it wasn't a lack of smell so much as they didn't realize what a reflectioin was at that stage of their development. They know now.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Isn't it a sign of higher intelligence / self awareness when an animal doesn't attack it's own reflection? A baboon will attack, chimps admire themselves.
        Testing
        "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

Perhaps I should mention that I lovingly call my kitties dumb asses. (What? They don't speak human)
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Working...
          X