Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will they bury him, cremate him or just slice him up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will they bury him, cremate him or just slice him up?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

Oscar Mayer

MADISON, Wis. (AP) - Oscar G. Mayer, retired chairman of the Wisconsin-based meat processing company that bears his name, has died at the age of 95.

Mayer's wife, Geraldine, said he died of old age Monday age at Hospice Care in Fitchburg.

He was the third Oscar Mayer in the family that founded Oscar Mayer Foods, which was once the largest private employer in Madison. His grandfather, Oscar F. Mayer, died in 1955 and his father, Oscar G. Mayer Sr., died in 1965.

Mayer retired as chairman of the board in 1977 at age 62 soon after the company recorded its first $1 billion year. The company was later sold to General Foods and is now a business unit of Kraft.

Mayer's first wife, Rosalie, died in 1998. He married Geraldine Fitzpatrick in 1999.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Tribute time.

Oh I wish I was a Oscar Mayer Weiner!
    That is what I truely like to beeee-ee-eeeee!
    'Coz if I was an Oscar Mayer Weiner!
    Everyone would be in love with,
    Everyone would be in love with,
    Everyone would be in love with me!

Rest in Peace o founder of tasty meats.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      Mayer's first wife, Rosalie, died in 1998. He married Geraldine Fitzpatrick in 1999.
      'cause, you know, when you're EIGHTY-SIX, you don't wanna waste a lotta time....

RIP Meat Mogul. I'll have a dog (although I'm an Armour sort) in your honor Friday.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
        'cause, you know, when you're EIGHTY-SIX, you don't wanna waste a lotta time....

RIP Meat Mogul. I'll have a dog (although I'm an Armour sort) in your honor Friday.
        Well after being married a long time, you get used to playing Hide the Salami.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Will the wienermobile be used as the hearse?
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

...you get used to playing Hide the Salami....

...wienermobile be used as the hearse....

Come on guys, have a little respect. The man's gone to meat his maker.

Comment

Oh! My bologna has a first name
              It's O. S. C. A. R.
              Oh! My bologna has a second name
              It's M. A. Y. E. R.
              Oh! I love to eat it every day!
              And if you ask me why,
              I'll say:
              'cos Oscar Mayer has a way with
              B. O. L. O. G. N. A

Comment

They did a nice piece on him on NPR(?) today.

Comment

Working...
                X