This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Only tea: working for Teavana

One person's experience working for a mall tea store.

Quoth I8DaCookie View Post
    Well damn...

I just started getting into tea and I've purchased a few bags from them. While I've never seen any of this high pressure "buy the most expensive tea" deal (except for the damn tin and little bit of buy more than the smallest amount) it does make me not want to go anymore.

And I was really liking their stuff. Back to the box at a grocery store for me.
    go online and try stash teas, i love them. stashtea.com i think, they google up easily enough =)
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

This is why I only order from the website, for the most part. You order 2 oz from Teavana.com, you only get the 2 oz.

They do push sales pretty hard, but I'm pretty firm. I go in there knowing what I want, and how much I want. (And I'm pretty adamant that when I say 2 oz, I MEAN 2 oz. only.) And since herbal and rooibos are the only teas I can safely drink, well on their trying to upsell me. Ha!

But geez, that blows. I'm glad I don't buy soley from them.

Comment

Heh, I had the opposite happen to me as a customer. I was set on dropping serious money for a castiron pot and the accersories and instead of being helped, I was followed through the store like I was a thief and ignored when I had questions. This story just reenforces my distaste for the company.
        Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

sounds typical... upper corporate policy screwing up a working store

i personally don't buy much teavana cos it's so expensive, but i have some in the house tho.

but... well it's expensive tea. can't blame the employees if customers don't want to fork over all their money

Comment

Working...
          X