Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 25 Things We Wish Would Make a Comeback...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Noo_Noo View Post
    Ummm, I think #10 still exists in the UK, or did when I was working there a couple of years ago...
    Here in the States, where the conversion to the baked apple pie happened back in '92 or '93, the McDonald's corporation has admitted in a letter that as many as 10% of the locations in the US still serve the original fried apple pie. The locations in question didn't have the room required to put in the oven necessary for the baked pies. This is usually at smaller locations, such as the ones inside Wal*Mart stores and shopping malls. So, they can still be found here, too. You just have to do a little leg work to find out where to buy them.
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
      [*]Pleasurable Air Travel
      [*]Train Travel
      Now now, I think we can all admit that air travel has never been pleasurable outside business and first class. As for train travel, well outside the U.S. it's there and going strong, not my fault you live in the wrong country.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Giggle Goose View Post
        I guess I'm too young (23) for a lot of that stuff, but most of it sounds pretty cool My parents talk about it all the time.

But I think I could do without lard in pastries....and what's a Jello salad? ()
        Utah soul food. Stir fruit, or veggies, or nuts, or whipped cream, or any combination into a cake pan of jello before it sets. Often served in combination with Funeral Potatos. (both of which were 2002 Olympics pins)
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
          Utah soul food. Stir fruit, or veggies, or nuts, or whipped cream, or any combination into a cake pan of jello before it sets. Often served in combination with Funeral Potatos. (both of which were 2002 Olympics pins)
          My mom makes something similar. She mixes whipped cream, cottage cheese, and various kinds of canned fruit (usually mandarin oranges) into any flavor jello.

It's pretty delish.

What I sometimes do is make some jello, add some Cool-Whip, and cut it up and mix it until it's turned into a yummy gelatinous slurry.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Ah, Lunch counters in stores. There was a W.T. Grant near us that made the best hot turkey sandwich in the world! Those mashed potatoes and gravy were to die for. (Darn it. Now I want a hot turkey sandwich and I just had lunch.)
            Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

As for that Target lunch counter, unless it's a really old store, dating back to the 1980s and never "upgraded" since then, I imagine it's like the snack bars that the Targets have down here.
              it could be.
              back in the 80s it was Walmart. not sure how much they changed of the building's layout when they moved out.

Comment

My mom still makes jell-o salads for special occasions! They're awesome! She also makes her homemade pie crusts with lard and they are also delish! It's not heavy at all, it makes a very very light and flakey pie crust. Yum!

Comment

Working...
                X