Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thor and the other storm gods can kiss my rosy red behind.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thor and the other storm gods can kiss my rosy red behind.

There's a comment emergency workers and utilities crews in Edmonton are probably agreeing with me on.

For those of you wondering, We had a pretty wicked storm on Saturday, with lots of tree damage.

Now I wasn't overly fond of the storm when it hit, but this morning, my dad gets a phone call from my sister. Her place of work (a daycare) had a couple of branches fall in the playground. Now my dad was out at our cabin when this call came in, so my parents had to come home early, then my dad and I went to the place. Said playground had a third of it covered with fallen tree. 2 1/2 hours later we finally got it cleaned up.

On the plus side, got some firewood for our fire pit for next year, enough to have our planned steak dinner over the firepit tonight, and 37.50 each from the daycare, though I'm still going to have to figure out how to bill my sister for drafting us.

Not too bad considering some places are still without utilities.

(Edit: I made a typo. It should read Thor, not Tor)
    Last edited by lordlundar; 07-21-2009, 05:00 AM.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

It was a wicked storm. I sat in my garage watching the hail come down sideways.

Comment

I was holed up in my apartment playing Guitar Hero with a friend. I never even knew the severity until he got a call from his ex asking if he was okay. Apparently someone on her block got their car totalled.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post

On the plus side, got some firewood for our fire pit for next year, enough to have our planned steak dinner over the firepit tonight, and 37.50 each from the daycare, though I'm still going to have to figure out how to bill my sister for drafting us.
        Cook her steak last.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
          I was holed up in my apartment playing Guitar Hero with a friend. I never even knew the severity until he got a call from his ex asking if he was okay. Apparently someone on her block got their car totalled.
          Yeah, there was a lot of that. When my dad was heading to my aunt's business he came across two road blockages by trees in a 3 block area and there was at least 4 tree incidents in the area where we chopped up that one. Word is the city is still trying to get an estimate on the damaged trees, and the number seems to be peaking at over a thousand.

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
          Cook her steak last.
          I like the idea, but she wouldn't let anyone cook her steak but herself. She cooks her's differently anyway. (Medium well with BBQ sauce on it, waste of a good piece of meat if you ask me)
          I AM the evil bastard!
          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
          X