X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not earning enough?

http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Rapscallion

ok I feel both better and worse at the same time.....
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

The problem with scales such as this is that they are statistical, and as such can be very selective. They apparently don't take into account that many people with lower incomes will be in countries that have a lower cost of living.

I suspect it's designed to guilt you into giving.

Some of the stuff they talk about sounds like a good deal - the cost of a first-aid kit, for example - but I'd question their financial methodology.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'm the 3,000,000,001 richest person on earth! (50th percentile)

Not really I was playing with it, but that was at a salary of $850.00 USD per year. That is my rent in a month.

It also only goes down to the 14th percentile, even with $1.00. It also doesn't really ask for money down there. It talks about Fair Trade and WTO.
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Working part time during the summer and winter break im within the top 20%... how sad is that! I really dont make enough to live on in america yet im one of the richest people in the world in comparison

Comment

Oh my God, I'm in the top 0.53% of the world's earners....I suspect this buggers up my plan to make my boss give me a payrise
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

You're earning more than me, then. I hit 0.93%.

That said, you're in London, right? HIgher living costs down there by far.

You know, if I save up properly for a couple of years, I could cheerfully afford a house in some up-and-coming third-world country and live modestly for a few years without actually working.

Rapscallion

Comment

Wow, I'm a the top ten percent yet can't even afford my own place. How lame.
                "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Working...
                X