X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP, Nin the Cat

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...e_cat_gon.html

Nin, the Mt Washington kitty since the mid-90s, died. He was roughly 19-20 years old.

I actually met him twice.
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

He lived a long life....RIP Nin.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Inga, the kitty before him (whom I also saw and still have a poster of...bought it the day I saw here....its about 20 yrs old ) also lived to about 20

Maybe its something in the air?

Here's to Marty....may he live as long!!
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Or good care takers.

I've been to Mount Washington so many times but I've never been to the top.
        Quote Dalesys:
        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

The top is a zoo, esp if you hike up....you're in the woods, the tundra, the alpine zone for a several hours, scramble up a rock pile...and then-WHAM!!

Cars, a train, and gift shops, hahha...its another world.

Next time I head up I wanna try to get a glimpse of Mr. Marty

Comment

Here's a page with more pictures of Nin and a couple of Inga: http://www.mountwashington.org/photos/galleries/?g=8

The current cat, Marty, is shown at the bottom of this page: http://www.mountwashington.org/about/staff/observer.php

I've never met Nin, but from what I've read, it seems like he was an absolutely lovely cat. These photos of him are very striking. RIP, Nin.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Love those photos (and that site....I added a few of my Nin photos to their forum)

I hope my kitties can live that long..."RILEY!!! put down that knife.....you want to lose your other eye???" *sigh* cats

Comment

Working...
              X