Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wedding processional to aspire to...

*sniff*

I dare you not to tear up over this.

Now I'm getting ideas for my own little ceremony. Wonder if I can talk the Other Half into it...

Wow, that took some planning!
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Apparently, it didn't take too long to choreograph. I love the Groom's entrance. SUMMERSAULT!

The Bride's was a little anticlimactic. She just got a big round o' applause because she's the bride, so the presumed star of the show.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I'm sure I would have been more entertained if it didn't take 7 minutes to watch a 5 minute video on my computer.

Edit: Sorry, my computer makes me cranky. I had to share with my roomie when she got home, though.
        Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-24-2009, 10:03 PM. Reason: bleh
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Sounds like fun, but I don't think SO would be keen on that. Oh well, was fun to watch nonetheless.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

That was definitely different from the standard slow crawl down the aisle.

I wasn't too crazy about it at first, but the more I watched, the more I actually enjoyed it. They were cutting loose and having fun on what should be a celebration.

I could see that becoming popular to do at weddings in the near future . . .
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              They were cutting loose and having fun on what should be a celebration.
              Sounds right to me!
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I imagine they must have had a blast at the reception, if that's how they started the ceremony!

My cousin didn't have anything quite that fun, but his processional started with one of the groomsmen playing the processional music (not the traditional wedding processional; I don't know what song it actually was) on the guitar as he walked down the aisle. Then he took his place at the altar and kept playing while the rest of the party came in. It was really nice and a bit different than the usual organist...which would have been difficult seeing as how the church didn't have an organ in it, that I noticed. They got married in a very small Catholic church, on January 3rd, so the altar "flowers" were actually poinsettias and a Christmas tree. Looked nice and saved them some money, to boot, since they were already there. Saved the church the hassle of having to move all the Christmas plants, too.
                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 07-25-2009, 07:23 PM.

Comment

I think it's awesome and as long as the bride and groom were okay with it (looks like it was probably their idea!) I say why not? When Hubby and I got married, we didn't do the typical processional -- nothing that insane, but it was different and fun and very much us and our friends (we're theater geeks -- think Sharks and Jets from West Side Story and some of the dance from the end of Dirty Dancing and you'll probably get a pretty good idea).

I love weddings that are more individualized!
                  I am Wolverine.............and Wolverine does not do high kicks.

He was a hero to me....and heroes are not supposed to die.

Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw!

Comment

Quoth persephone View Post
                    -- think Sharks and Jets from West Side Story and some of the dance from the end of Dirty Dancing and you'll probably get a pretty good idea).
                    Hee, I would love to have seen that.

This one was funny, linked from the first video:

The Evolution of Wedding Dance
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QujA8YYgTWU&NR=1

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

The Evolution of Wedding Dance
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QujA8YYgTWU&NR=1
                      For the above link, I honestly think they tried to hard.

Back on topic, that was funny.
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Of course, the answer to the original post is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbr2ao86ww0

Eric the Grey
                        In memory of Dena - Don't Drink and Drive

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                          I imagine they must have had a blast at the reception, if that's how they started the ceremony!

My cousin didn't have anything quite that fun, but his processional started with one of the groomsmen playing the processional music (not the traditional wedding processional; I don't know what song it actually was) on the guitar as he walked down the aisle. Then he took his place at the altar and kept playing while the rest of the party came in. It was really nice and a bit different than the usual organist...which would have been difficult seeing as how the church didn't have an organ in it, that I noticed. They got married in a very small Catholic church, on January 3rd, so the altar "flowers" were actually poinsettias and a Christmas tree. Looked nice and saved them some money, to boot, since they were already there. Saved the church the hassle of having to move all the Christmas plants, too.
                          My brother's wedding was on New Year's Eve at a Catholic church, and they just had the Christmas decorations up which did save money. The wedding colors were wine red and white. As for the wedding video, that was really clever, and I can imagine that the guests probably would say that was the most fun they had at a wedding.

Comment

Working...
                          X