X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Housekeeping Employees

http://www.fancast.com/tv/Ace-of-Cak...aked-Me/videos

Found this site on comcast.com, it's all legit. Anyway, at around 16:40 into the video, comes the Sucky Employees part. Duff sums it up nicely: The housekeeping staff at a NYC hotel went into the room to clean it, while Geof and Jess went to put their bags in the car and grab breakfast. The housekeepers saw the sheet cakes for Sir Roger Moore's birthday party and took them (thankfully not the main decorated cake as well!), to an employee break room, and had started to eat them.

I've worked at a hotel, and this is just unthinkable! Then, Mary Alice gets a bit of a run around from the front desk staff, until she finally gets the manager. She has to point out that not only did Charm City Cakes lose a LOT of money in merchandise, but the manager was begging her to not put it on TV!

The hotel ended up paying the bill for new sheet cakes from a local bakery (and presumably the cost of the old cakes) but what if it had been people taking surprise cakes to their loved ones, not a well-known business/tv show?

You can see at one point in the video, the mutilated sheet cakes. Geof and Jess literally had to make their delivery at the last possible moment. I really hope the housekeepers got disciplined, if not fired. What do the rest of you think?

I've seen that episode. Yeah, the housekeepers should have definitely been disciplined. The "finders keepers" rule doesn't work in the real world.
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

They took stuff that didn't have a "help yourself!" label, in a room that wasn't theirs? Yeah, theft. Thefty thefty mctheft theft
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

i can imagine that if the hotel hadn't paid for the cakes... its name would be on the air.
        but they said the housekeeper got away

Comment

I saw that episode, hopefully those housekeepers were disciplined for it. Theft is theft no matter what.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
          X