This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Apollo CSM model at Starship Modeler

StarshipModeler.com just closed out a model-building contest to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Apollo 11. I built a Monogram Apollo CSM in 1/32 scale for the contest.

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/contest/entries.htm

Mine is Kit 14.

This is the first real model contest I've entered. I've entered other contests before, but at specialty shows with limited participation.

Wish me luck!
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Nice job wtih it - you definately have the other CSM beat.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Thanks!
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

I looked at them again and I think your only competition is kits # 6 and 12.

I'm actually disappointed in a lot of them - your's is definately one of the most detailed. Some of them even look like they were just put together and panted with little care of detail. I'd be shocked if you weren't in the top 3 at least.
        Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Contest voting has begun!

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/contest/contest_vote.cfm

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Very cool!
            "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Voted for you and votes for the worst two for secnd and third so I don't fuel the competition.
              Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                Voted for you and votes for the worst two for secnd and third so I don't fuel the competition.
                Thankfully, my drink was off to the side when I read that. Thanks!

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Well, I didn't win. In fact, I didn't even place....however, that's OK, because at least I can say I did it.
                  Last edited by Dave1982; 08-13-2009, 03:46 PM.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Well, you did a great job with the model anyway. Hopefully one of the two others that I voted for didn't win - they really did stink.
                    Quote Dalesys:

Comment

Some stunning models there. Your CSM was great.
                      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Thanks guys!

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                        X