This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
    In all seriousness, there's a ton of college grads out there with degrees that can't find jobs in their major. You don't hear the majority of them whining about it, do you?
    *raises hand* I'm one of 'em. And my degree is in healthcare, which I always thought was pretty stable. People keep getting old, sick, and having babies--though not necessarily in that order. I've lost count of how many applications I've submitted but so far only two interviews and no job offers. I whine about it to my husband quite regularly.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Quoth teh stoopid it burnzez
      "They favor more toward students that got a 4.0. They help them more out with the job placement," she said.
      Wow, really dipshit? You mean it's a shock to you that the college will work harder on behalf of the students who put in the time, effort and dedication needed to maintain a 4.0 throughout their entire college career, than it will for students who just showed up, got a less-than-stellar 2.7, and don't know how to spell words like "tuition", "suing", and "reimbursement"?

I mean, it's not as if their reputation is at stake. It's not as the college wants employers to be happy with the people they place in jobs for them, so they won't think the college will fob off just anybody on them.

And it's not as if the people you're competing against for jobs have things like 4.0s from big-name schools, MBAs and internships and stuff. No, Monroe College is just sandbagging on you.

If stupid did, in fact, hurt, this speshul snowflake would be bandaged head-to-toe like a mummy and in traction.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A respectable newspaper asked people on the street their opinions.
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Working...
        X