X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing...(link)

Starbucks Sued Over Hot Chocolate Incident
    Last edited by CRXPanda; 11-26-2006, 02:32 PM. Reason: Text
    You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

*head, meet desk*
    Now, I freely admit to not liking youngins, but this just seems like malicious intent on the part of the parents...
    "Hey, I know, let's give Sarah scalding hot chocolate! And when she drops it on herself, we can sue Starbucks! I'm sure they won't miss a couple million dollars for our daughter's suffering!"
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Yeah, they may only have to close the one across the street from the one where they purchased the offending cup o' cocoa to pay for the lawsuit!

God, I hope they don't win. Giving your toddler a hot cup of cocoa in a car seat! BRIGHT MOVE, MCFLY! I bet she left it in the wonderfully safe Starbucks cup too! Why do things that highlight you are a bad parent?
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

What kind parents are they, giving the little child something HOT to drink while in a car seat.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Is there no end to human stupidity?

Excuse me while I go weep for all of humanity....
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

I liked the comment about the kid suing the parents...
            You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Comment

Having a hot drink in a moving car probably isn't a good idea, whatever your age. My tea goes in a travel mug, and it sits in the drink holder, not in my hand or between my legs.

The description of the burn smells like horseshit to me - super-heated steam will cause skin to peel off, but I really doubt the drink was that hot, since it was still in liquid form. It just seems unlikely that she would have been that badly burned from hot chocolate, since whenever I order it, it's cooler than coffee normally is.

And besides which, it's a kid. And we all know that kids rarely have "little" spills - that shit goes everywhere. Do you really want hot chocolate all over the inside of your car?
              God made me a cannibal to fix problems like you. - Angelspit, '100%'

I'm sorry, I'm not authorised to give a f**k.

Comment

Quoth Zombi View Post
                super-heated steam will cause skin to peel off, but I really doubt the drink was that hot
                That's happened to me at work once, steam rising up on my hand, lucky it only got a little bit on one of my fingers even then the pain was constant, it was at night as well so i was trying to get to sleep with my finger killing me. It was my fault entirely and unlike these parents i didn't sue. I still have a 'scar' where i was burnt, nice reminder to be more careful.

Comment

Working...
                X