Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell's Kitchen near fight with Ramsay!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ngj-3...eature=related

----Can't say I blame him for wanting to take off Ramsay's head. But on the other hand, Joseph signed up for it when he agreed to be on the show.
    Last edited by ditchdj; 08-06-2009, 06:57 PM.

Ramsey could take him. Ever seen him without his shirt on? YUMMY.

Comment

I remember watching this. I actually have to wonder what the hell was going through that guy's head at the time.
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
        I remember watching this. I actually have to wonder what the hell was going through that guy's head at the time.
        Likewise, it was beyond stupid. Not a near fight though. More like a pitiful one sided pissing match.

Ramsay's an abrasive guy in the kitchen ( complete sweetheart outside of it ), when he expects better from you. But that guy just snapped. You could see it coming in previous episodes though, the guy had some real anger issues and no respect for anything.

I just think its funny that when this happens Ramsay just looks at them with this mixture of pity and disgust. He's not angry at all. This happened a season or two ago with that other fat sack of shame...what was his name....he acted like a little bastard to Ramsay when he was eliminated and Ramsay just cut him down.

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into it. At least one person on IMDB boards claims the guy was a plant brought in just to do stuff like this. And being reality tv, I wouldn't be surprised about it.

Comment

Quoth LionMan View Post
            I wouldn't read too much into it. At least one person on IMDB boards claims the guy was a plant brought in just to do stuff like this. And being reality tv, I wouldn't be surprised about it.
            I buy into HK a bit more simply because I don't think Ramsay would willing allow such things. So even if they had a plant, it would be without Ramsay's knowledge so you'd still get his genuine reaction.

But honestly a lot of the contests, even if they don't win, go on to further culinary careers. So they're real so to speak. Although I can't help but wonder how many people also ruined their careers by acting like tards on the show. ;p

Most of the runners up have their own restaurants. Although I was surprised to see Heather back as Ramsay's sous chef. I heard the restaurant she won a job at balked at the contract. So its possible Ramsay hired her on himself if the restaurant wasn't going to give her a chance to go further.

It wouldn't be the first time he's done it. He has an eye for talent.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              I was surprised to see Heather back as Ramsay's sous chef. I heard the restaurant she won a job at balked at the contract. So its possible Ramsay hired her on himself if the restaurant wasn't going to give her a chance to go further.
              Same here. I didn't think much of Heather being the new sous chef.

But if you want an idea of who a plant looks like, take a look at Melissa in season 3 (I think?). She gets more disheveled as the series progresses until she gets booted off.
              Last edited by Ree; 08-07-2009, 10:39 AM. Reason: Edited quote
              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Same here. I didn't think much of Heather being the new sous chef.

But if you want an idea of who a plant looks like, take a look at Melissa in season 3 (I think?). She gets more disheveled as the series progresses until she gets booted off.
                I don't think they plant persay, but I think they make sure to pick at least one or two entries that just struck them as total dickheads/werewenchs just for the friction value. ;p

Heather was suppose to get an executive chef position for winning but the restaurant she went too, far as I heard, never honoured it and kept her at a lower position till they could run out the contract duration.

Comment

Really, I thought that the only way Seth (season 5) could have made it onto that show was as a plant... it seemed that he knew nothing in the kitchen.

I love the show, as well as "Kitchen Nightmares".
                  "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

It impressed me that the minders were extremely quick to get there. If he was a plant, I wonder if they knew they may have to protect him?

Must admit, the guy didn't have much of a range of insults. Amused me how he selected himself out.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                      Although I can't help but wonder how many people also ruined their careers by acting like tards on the show. ;p
                      I have often found that people who "act" like idiots/tards/jackasses, aren't acting ^_^
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                        Can't say I blame him for wanting to take off Ramsay's head.
                        Ok, but the whole altercation seemed to be largely unprovoked. I admit, I don't watch Hell's Kitchen, but it looked like the guy just wanted an excuse to blow his top.

The most interesting thing to me (that shows how out of touch from reality he really is) was the comment that...Jordan? made at the very end about how he could "get a job anywhere" and how "any restaurant would be proud to have him".

Sorry, but no. Hell's Kitchen isn't some obscure PBS show. People watch it. And by acting like a total idiot on television (enough to have it posted on Youtube!), you just lowered your chances for employment buddy.
                        Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Ok, but the whole altercation seemed to be largely unprovoked. I admit, I don't watch Hell's Kitchen, but it looked like the guy just wanted an excuse to blow his top.
                          I understand that his point was drilling into him the need to follow directions. I just don't agree with the way he drilled him. The very few times I've seen him manage a situation professionally was when he calmly told him, "You've got no respect. Get out." He took control of himself and the situation, as a good manager should.

But yeah, I do agree that this guy was looking for an excuse to lose it. I've dealt with kids like that before working in various schools.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                            I understand that his point was drilling into him the need to follow directions. I just don't agree with the way he drilled him.
                            This is Hell's Kitchen though. Ramsay's going to drill the fuck out of you. He's offering the prize of a half million dollar career to a bunch of random people the producers picked for him. Of course he's going to be hard as all hell on them. Thats the whole point of the show. Anyone on the show that whines about Ramsay needs to wake the fark up and realize they signed up for a show called Hell's Kitchen.

If you want to see how he handles things in a normal environment, watch the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares or The F Word. He's a friggan teddy bear when he's serious. But any US version of his shows is all about the Drama(tm) and the dramatic camera angles. Which kinda sucks but I'll take it any way I can get it. =p

But HK? Oh no, no sympathy. If I owned one of the restaurants offering the prize I'd want Ramsay to drill them too. Drill the hell out of them. Its a huge gamble putting the fate of your restaurant's staff in the hands of a TV show.

Comment

and i've seen guys who have egos that big
                              who think their poo doesn't stink

not sure if he was a plant or not tho cos i dont watch the show, i dont even watch tv at all...

Comment

Working...
                              X